What age can I get her to sleep in a regular bed and not a toddler's bed?

My almost 4 yr old daughter sleeps in a toddler bed and I was wondering when should I get her to sleep in a bigger bed?

kaynadjaysmom28

Asked by kaynadjaysmom28 at 9:49 PM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My dd was a little over 3 when she went to a twin...it just depends on if you think she is ready for it :)
    nikkileerue

Answer by nikkileerue at 9:53 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• my son just went into a regular twin bed- he is 2.5-- I skipped the toddler bed-- the mattress and boc spring are on the floor I will put them on the frame next year when he's a tiny bit taller
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 9:54 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• when ever you want
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 10:10 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• My son was 2.5 when we put him in a twin
    Ilovemy5joys

Answer by Ilovemy5joys at 11:33 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Most people don't even buy a toddler bed - the kids go straight from a crib to a twin or larger.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:41 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• My husband and I skipped the toddler bed with our son.. he has been out of his crib as soon as he turned 1 we got the bars for the sides so he would not fall out ( he was getting on and off the couch alone.. He is now 2 1/2 years old, our youngest will be in a toddler bed because the crib is a 3 in 1, the some crib that our oldest used but we wanted to save money and not but a new crib so our oldest got a twin bed.. (most toddlers bed are good tell the child gets up to 50 LBS ( I looked in to it for our youngest so I could sell the crib). then they need a new bed then and then you find your self buying a new bed and everything for it again..
    DiscoveryToys09

Answer by DiscoveryToys09 at 12:08 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Mine have been in a regular bed since 15 months. If you want her to stay in the toddler bed, you can, but keep in mind most have a 50lb weight limit.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 8:34 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I would think any time now that you want to do it. Our children went from their cribs to regular size beds when they were between two and three. None of them ever slept in "toddler" beds.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:49 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• We started out 2 year old daughter out in a queen size bed that was in the guest room which was converted to her new BIG GIRL room when we had my son. But for some reason she would constantly rip off the vinyl mattress cover that was on it and then she would have accidents and you get the just. So we ended up going back to a toddler bed. But she is actualy just about to be 4 and is about to have to go to twin she is getting to long for the toddler.
    sarah2309

Answer by sarah2309 at 12:36 PM on Apr. 14, 2009