I am due in about a week and....

and im so nervous. Anyone else felt this way. Im nervous about all the things that can go wrong and the pain. Dont get me wrong im more than ready to meet my babyboy but the closer my due date the more nervous I get. Its all I think about. I cant have an epI and dont want one. im nervous about the pain.
Any advice? Where you nervous/scared? How do you cope?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:55 PM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Its too late for the class but read the book Robert A Bradley method of birht by Robert Bradley
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 10:00 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• The pain of childbirth is not like the pain of stubbing your toe or any other injury for that matter. It's a different kind of pain. And it builds up slowly, giving your body time to compensate with natural endorphins. I'm not going to lie. It hurts. But you go into a place where you are completely focused on your body and your baby and you just do it. And when it's over it's OVER. There's no more pain and you have a beautiful baby, and you have this amazing feeling of empowerment because YOU DID IT!

The best pain control advice I can give you is to relax every muscle in your body during your contractions (until you're pusing of course :p). If you're standing or sitting, relax as much as you can without falling. Relax your pelvic floor. Keep your bladder empty. Stay upright as much as possible. You can do this. Your body is amazing.

Start reading these two books: Ina May's guide to Chilbirth and Childbirth without Fear
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 10:04 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Everybody is scared with or without the meds. This is the biggest thing that you'll ever do! Just make sure that you have somebody there with you that comforts you and cares for you (not somebody that tends to stress you out). Rely on those nurses (they've seen this thousands of times) and they really know what to do to help you and be open and honest with them even if it's embarrassing (they've seen and heard it all). It's all worth it, holding him, teaching him new things like a new word, the laughter etc. It's worth all the worry and pain. And I'm sorry, but your a mom now, you will live the rest of your life worrying and being nervous and scared for your child.
    JonesMommy3

Answer by JonesMommy3 at 10:10 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Oh man I was so nervous!!! And in my opinion, NOTHING you do (classes, breathing, hyponotherapy, etc) can prepare you. However, your body prepares itself and is made to do it. It helps to have 1 or 2 people with you during contractions. I got an epi but it stopped working. Im not gonna lie, it hurt like hell, but heres the weird thing... after its all said and done, the whole birthing experience seems kind of surreal. I didnt think I would ever want to go through it again, and here I am, nearly 4 months later, already thinking about baby #2. You can do it!
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 10:14 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I AM AS NERVOUS AS YOU ARE!! IM DUE NEXT WEEK TOO!!

im not worried about the pain! im just soooo pumped to be a mommy for the first time!! :D
    i cant wait! 9 months is a long time! so i know exactly how your feeling!!

The only thing im worried about is going to 41 weeks or 42 weeks pregnant! i dont want to be pregnant for ever! lol
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 10:31 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• If it makes you feel any better, most women work themselves up over the possibility of the pain and then find that it really wasn't as bad as they thought. You're psyched about your baby boy! When you're in labor your adrenaline is going to be pumping (especially when they say it's time to push) and you're just going to be like "Screw the pain! My kid's going to be here in a few minutes!"

...Actually that's just how I felt when I was in labor. I was a ball of energy and working myself up to that moment. My biggest suggestion? Move around. Listen to your body and find the position that works for you. Don't let doctors or nurses tell you that you can't get up and move around because it is part of your rights to get up and move. Movement is best for labor and brings the baby down quicker and makes the pain lessen. I never lie in bed when on my period because the cramps hurt so bad. I get up and go for a walk and feel great!
    littlemrsmarcel

Answer by littlemrsmarcel at 10:43 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Its normal to get worried, but try not to worry to much, the Dr arn't going to let anything happen.
    Anonymous

• im due in 4 days w my 3rd and the one thing im afraid of, and was afraid of when i was preggo w my other 2, is getting the IV put in..i know, im a wuss! but i do get the epi's..i dont do well w that pain.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 10:54 PM on Apr. 13, 2009