i have pain and what feels like a lumpy vein in my arm

i finally gave birth to my goregous baby boy what will be two weeks ago tomorrow. I woke up about a week ago with a slight pain in my right arm. i figured i slept on it wrong then i noticed it felt like a i had a tiny lump in my arm. now i Have a red line about 2 and a half inches long starting from my elbow and going up my forearm towards my wrist and it feels like my vein is lumpy and its warm and tender. like noticably warmer then the rest of my arm. my husband took me to the naval hospitals emergency room and the er tech wouldnt even look at it or acknowledge the fact it hurts me to straighten out my arm completely. all she told me was that i should see my primary care giver. Sadly the earliest appt. i have there isnt for another two weeks. any ideas what it might be? please help

gageSmommy5661

Asked by gageSmommy5661 at 9:57 PM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Health

• It COULD be a blood clot...does the lump move at all? like farther up ur arm? But with the red line I would think blood poisoning...You know how if you cut yourself on something metal and you haven't been up to date on your tetnus it can cause that..I hope everything stays fine until you get to the dr.!
    ChaoticSoul

Answer by ChaoticSoul at 10:28 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Here are classic symptoms of blood clots.

Swelling
    Tenderness or pain over a vein
    Redness
    Sharp, shooting pain when the limb is being flexed
    Warm sensation
    Widening or dilation of the surface veins.
    ChaoticSoul

Answer by ChaoticSoul at 10:31 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• oh, and

leg cramps
    discoloration
    ChaoticSoul

Answer by ChaoticSoul at 10:37 PM on Apr. 13, 2009