Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do I deal with my daughter's crazy father?

My ex has never gotten over me. I have a 19 month old with him and left him when she was young because he was abusive to me. I'm now married to a wonderful husband, and we're expecting our first baby together and looking for our first home. My problem is, my ex is driving me crazy! Threatening me, taking me to court for Hailey (my daughter) calling my husband "Daddy" (which I did not coax) and video taping my every move, blocking my car from leaving places and e-mailing and calling me constantly! I'm to the point where I'm so stressed that the doctor is thinking about putting me on bedrest. I don't want him to have this hold of me! He also refuses to listen to my daughter's doctor and keep her off dairy which makes her very very sick. Judges aren't listening and I'm going stark raving mad! Any advice?

Answer Question

Asked by JonesMommy3 at 10:02 PM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Relationships

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (12)
  • A good lawyer???

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:04 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

  • keep a diary and get a restraingin g order, push for supervised visits since he cant follow her health needs

    Answer by mommymeg03 at 10:05 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

  • you need a lawyer.. but first a restraining order.. get her doctor to put it in writing about the dairy then you can ask for supervised visits based on him not following doctors orders and thw way he has been treating you.

    Answer by maiahlynn at 10:09 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

  • Lawyer, restraining order, and a ask the lawyer what you need to do to stop visitation because he is making her sick! Oh, save all emails, voicemails EVERYTHING. Also, when he is video taping you and such CALL THE POLICE. Judges can ignore what they don't have proof of....Give them the proof they need. Which is every piece of evidence about his crazy stalkerish behavior.

    Answer by ChaoticSoul at 10:26 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

  • I certainly would call the police every time he did what he does. that's stalking. Most states have laws against it. Build the case then get a restraining order. You have a right to live in peace. No need to hire an attorney. The state's attorney will do it for you and He'll have to hire an attorney

    Answer by admckenzie at 10:29 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

  • record his words/threats on your phone. make a video of him doing what hes doing. you gotta protect your daughter.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:33 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

  • I would start documenting any/all things he is doing to harass you-- zb- blocking your car, calling you.... this could give you leverage for a restraining order- as it sounds like stalking behavior. I would also take your daughter to a doctor and have it officially recorded in her medical record that she has 'dairy issues'-- that way there is proof she has a medical condition. Then if he is giving her dairy you may be able to get him for failing to follow medical/dietary needs. I would contact a good lawyer and see what your rights are, and if anything can be done about his stalking/harassing and making your child ill. I wish you luck and hope he will move on with his life and leave you alone!

    Answer by MizLee at 10:42 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

  • Do ALL of the above.

    Answer by mancosmomma at 11:13 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

  • Get a TPO, they are easy to get. Block his number and email so that he cannot contact you. Instruct him to contact your lawyer regarding all aspects of visitation and communication between him and his daughter. Tell the courts you wish to have a mediator assigned to the case to handle all visitations, cs and other issues that may arise. You may also request a court liaison to meet you and him when you are to bring the child to see the father or when the father is to return the child. You need to do all of these as motions to the court if you do not have a lawyer. Many family courts offer a self help department which provides access to general motion packets that you can tailor to fit your specific need. -

    Answer by Vanessannd at 11:15 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

  • Been there and done that. My daughters father was just like that. He followed me and etc until one day I snapped and went off and beat the sam h*** out of him in my parents yard after he followed me and walked up to me sitting on the porch talking on the phone.
    Take pictures of everything he does especially blocking you in, keep dates, have witnesses, log everything, attempt a restraining order even if it fails it is documented that there is an issue. When you do go to court you need to present all of the info and let the judge know that your safety is an issue. Def get a lawyer even if you have to get one via legal aid.

    Answer by VaDivaMom at 11:25 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.