• In the Spotlight:

has anyone been told to lose weight and ovulation would be triggered? And has anyone lost the weight and became pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:08 PM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• My doctor told me that losing weight would bring on ovulation. I haven't lost enough yet, but I'm trying. But a friend of mine that I met on here tried and tried to get pregnant, and then concentrated on losing weight, lost 50 pounds, and got pregnant quickly after.
    WadeMom313

Answer by WadeMom313 at 10:25 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• but whats the starting weight?
    BLoNdIe121679

Answer by BLoNdIe121679 at 10:39 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• i am 5'4 and 192 lbs
    Anonymous

• I didn't ovulate (and had no periods) for nine months. I started dieting (I took example from my diabetic stepfather and cut my sugars) and exercising- lost 30 lbs and started ovulating again. I haven't gotten pregnant yet, but I also have PCOS and lost my function in my left ovary. Had it not been for that, I'm sure I would have been pregnant with my second child by now.
    littlemrsmarcel

Answer by littlemrsmarcel at 1:53 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• i had unprotected sex with my boyfriend for 2 years and never got pregnant then i started working alot and lost alot of weight then i suddenly got pregnant so maybe losing weight does trigger ovulation
    bubbleburst1

Answer by bubbleburst1 at 3:28 AM on Apr. 14, 2009