Do you and your dad have a good relationship?

Why or why not?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:17 PM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• no...because he is a drunk.
    ChaoticSoul

Answer by ChaoticSoul at 10:20 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• No, he is a sociopath, and it's very hard to have a relationship with a person like this.

Anonymous

• My dad and I had the best relationship, he was always there for me no matter what, he didn't lie to me or my family and was the best. Yes I got in alot of trouble when I was younger and I got my fair share of punishments but I respected him and he respected me. He was the best dad ever, I am also extremely close to my mom. My dad passed away in 2005 and I miss him so much everyday!
    BusyBeesmom

Answer by BusyBeesmom at 10:20 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• If you mean my step-dad who raised me and whom I consider to be my REAL dad, then yes. If you mean my biological that I haven't seen or spoken to in about 25 years, then no.
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 10:21 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• nope - story too long to tell
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 10:21 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Yes. I love my dad with all my heart.
    He's a riot - has a great sense of humor.
    If I'm having a bad day, I know I can always call and he will listen and make my day much better.
    He's a great grandfather to his four grandchildren.
    He and my husband get along great!

I can go on and on!
    Anonymous

• We did until recently. I was his little princess but dh and I just made a decision for our family that we feel is best and he disagrees so now we hardly talk.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 10:23 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• sometimes. we are kind of distant (location and relationship wise) because of the distance and our own busy lives.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 10:25 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Yes I love my dad very much he is very smart and successful we don't agree on everything but we do respect eachother.My daughter passed away 15 months ago unexpectedly she was 16 my dad was and still is there every step of the way for me I would be lost without him and my mom they are wonderful people
    mom2fivekids579

Answer by mom2fivekids579 at 10:25 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• not really...he is a drunk and very mood swingy, I have no clue how to act or talk around him without getting him mad, so I just avoid him.
    nikkileerue

Answer by nikkileerue at 10:25 PM on Apr. 13, 2009