Do you really think our goverment can make a women take birth control or denie them foodstamps?

Thats insane, it would go against everything the U.S.A. stands for. Good thing some of these ppl on here arent running the goverment. Like you can make sure they take their pill. Its sexist.. what would the men do?? What do you think of this? And What did pro-life

have to do with FS anyway?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:33 PM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• While I know that some people abuse the system, we can not let the government regulate how or when we reproduce. Its asking for trouble. I do think that OFFERING free BC and making a CLASS about parenting,financial responsibility/budgeting, and general sex ed (just in case...you never now how much an individual was taught) or mandatory volunteering should be required to recieve the assistance. They shouldn't be able to tell you what to do with your body, but they SHOULD be able to require certain things from you if you recieve assistance.
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 2:11 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I agree its insane. How is a woman supposed to prove she is taking her pill?
    Anonymous

• Is this something they are thinking of implementing or this just a random question?

Usually if you qualify for food stamps you qualify for medicaid.  In my state if your child is on Medicaid you are on plan first (free BC).  So in essence you are able to get BC if you are on food stamps.  If you are on food stamps I wouldn't think you would actively TRY to get pregnant.  I don't think I would be comfortable if the govt stepped in and MADE me take BC.

As for the men aspect, I think PlanFirst should pay for Vasectomys.  My DH would get one if we had the money.  And in the long run they are cheaper than BC and less evasive (and probably less expensive) than a tubal!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 10:42 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Someone suggested the whole idea on that other post. crazy...
    Anonymous

• I think that the money for food stamps should be limited to a family of 4. If people choose to have more children, that is their right. However, it isn't the governments or taxpayers responsiblity to support large families.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:48 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• lol wow. No, this could never happen.
    Anonymous

• I am with yourspecial. I think that ALL PA should stop increasing after a certain number of children. That's not saying you can't have them, just that the amount you get has limits. Its called public ASSISTANCE, it's not meant to support you completely, nor should it be expected to support women and men who can't take responsibility for their actions.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 11:21 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• not every one that has a large family intends to go on food stamps and medicare ,some situations arise after you have children and things were going good then some families have some tough times i could never see myself denying children to eat because a father or mother lost their job and had a large family.
    And no the government cannot control women and see that they take birth contol pills every day it would be a crazy mess .
    i do however think families should have a cap on how much money they get on food stamps per month .
    freckles9399

Answer by freckles9399 at 11:36 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• A woman is begging for money to feed children she already cannot afford. Seems if she had a brain she would already be closing her legs until her situation was better. Vibrators do the job and are not going to knock a girl up.
    Anonymous

• Hey anon :37 - you wanna go tell that to the Octomom? She knocked herself up!

BOTH parties are responsible. Where are the men who helped create these children, and why are they not stepping up and taking responsibility?  Just as a woman should be "closing her legs", as you put it, men should be equally responsible for sticking it in!!

dragonfly7271

Answer by dragonfly7271 at 11:46 PM on Apr. 13, 2009