how can i wean my baby

oohboo21

Asked by oohboo21 at 10:40 PM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Depends on how old he or she is, and how you're feeding them.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 10:44 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Be preparedto be attacked for even asking on here.  IMO it is no ones business why you want to wean.  Some on here like to take questions like these as an opportunity to pressure people. I am the proud breast feeder of a 20 month old who is appalled by the way women on this site act about formula use.

I would replace one feeding at a time and do it gradually. I would also pump breast milk into a bottle and gradually mix in more and more formula.

Anonymous

• Drop one feeding per week till gone. If less than one year, replace with formula. If more than one year, replace how you like.

No, baby won't like it. **smile** Sorry. There's no way to get him to like it unless it's his idea.

An even easier method? Do nothing. They all wean on their own when they're ready.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:02 PM on Apr. 13, 2009