bottle or pacifer?

Should I wean my son from his bottle or his pacifier first? Please explain your answer.

jamesmommy12

Asked by jamesmommy12 at 10:45 PM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The bottle because once you wean him from the bottle he will still have the comfort of the pacifier without worrying about tooth decay or whatnot.
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 10:54 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• We weaned our son from the bottle first. It just seemed to make sense for us. He was pretty attached to the pacifier. We introduced the sippy cup very early on (about 6 months) while continuing to use the bottles. We used both until he was one, then stopped using the bottles altogether.
    emdred

Answer by emdred at 10:54 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• http://www.drspock.com/faq/0,1511,1981,00.html
    DiscoveryToys09

Answer by DiscoveryToys09 at 11:05 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• We didn't have pacifiers, for some reason none of my kids like them, they kept spitting them out. That is fortunate because I don't like them either. I see them as a crutch. My doctor says there was nothing wrong with my views and with a baby not using one. We started using a sippy cup early on (6 months) between bottles and then stopped breast feeding and the bottles at about one year.
    surferwifeof3

Answer by surferwifeof3 at 11:39 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• We did the bottle first. He was about 9 months old and used the sippy cup unless it was his bed time bottle (which never went in the bed with him). The problem with the pacifier... we can't seem to break it now!!! He's 20 months and is so addicted to it. We do pretty good through out the day, but nap and bed time is terrible with out it.
    B.Harrison

Answer by B.Harrison at 1:56 PM on Apr. 14, 2009