What would you do if you are in love with someone you have known for 4 years and they had to move out of state to work and he wants you to move with him but your family says if you go we'll never help you or your son again what to do?

I have known this man for 4 years and recently he had to move to Augusta, Ga to work. He wants me and my son to move out there with him but my family says they will never help me again so what to do?

SingleTeenMama

Asked by SingleTeenMama at 10:55 PM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• Well there looking out for you and your son. Also....if he is serious why not put a ring on your finger.....
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't go...for one reason the pp gave. Also, He may not always be there...you guys can break up or anything..your family always will be.
    ChaoticSoul

Answer by ChaoticSoul at 11:01 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I'm kind of with Anon on the ring on the finger. I'd want marriage before making such a huge step. I have never had my family for support with my kids so I know it is possible. My family that matters to me is my husband and kids. Everyone else is an exctention of that. Now, if your family is saying this, do they see something in him that is wrong that you might not be able to see because of the love you have. Love can blind us to some really bad things about people that we would otherwise see clearly.
    cat1622

Answer by cat1622 at 11:01 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I agree with anonymous at 9:56 He can't just ask you to move in with him your parents mean well guys come a dime a dozen think it through think of your son (especially). I would not do it give it some time you have it made with your parents, atleast until you can get on your own two feet.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 11:01 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• If he wants you, he will marry you. If after four years you two still haven't gotten around to make a real commitment, it says something.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 11:10 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• If you are marrying him, that would be a different story. It might even make it more reasonable for your family. But if you aren't getting married, I wouldn't move.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 11:12 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I'd go. Family can say mean things in anger. Follow your heart. If going and being with him will make you happy then go and be with the man you love. A happy woman equals a happy mommy.
    Vanessannd

Answer by Vanessannd at 11:18 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Listen to your heart!
    Anonymous

• Families say hurtful things they don't understand, I had a friend that was in your shoes, she did move with her children and when things didn't work out her family was still there for her. I say if in your heart you feel this man is the right thing for both you and your son, then go and let your family know that you may have regrets if you never go and you may always wonder what could have been, and also may resent them for those regrets.
    Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 11:29 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• If it is what you want then you should go. Marriage or a ring on the finger does NOT guarnatee anything. There are plenty of marriages that do not work out so that means nothing to me. It is about love and committment on the couples part and marriage isn't always the best. 50% of marriages end in divorce. I think your family just doesn't want you to leave and you can't always count on family anyway. Talk it out with the man before you move out there to be with him. If it sounds like what you want, go for it. Life is to short to not be with the man you want to be with.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:49 PM on Apr. 13, 2009