How can people do this to their children?

So in a town only about an hour away from me a set of parents got arrested. They had punished their three month old child, and the baby had both legs broken. And when they did xrays they found that the baby had had breaks before that had healed on there own. I dont understand how any one could do this.

ashtonjames

Asked by ashtonjames at 11:02 PM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• How sick!!!!!
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 11:03 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• There are just some people in this world who have no common sense, and should have never been parents in the first place. It sickens me to see that kind of stuff on the news...Poor baby!!!!
    pamelajqs

Answer by pamelajqs at 11:04 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I sure hope that baby is in better hands now!!
    sweetmom1007

Answer by sweetmom1007 at 11:11 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• That's sad, what would a 3 month old do to be punished? Let alone broken legs?
    IRA871

Answer by IRA871 at 11:12 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I hate reading about thing so sad,I pray the baby will be okay and the parents rot in hell
    mom2fivekids579

Answer by mom2fivekids579 at 11:13 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• That is disgusting.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 11:16 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• How awful, poor baby. My daughter is 9 months old and I can't imagine having to punish her for anything. She will put her hand in her mouth when she's eating, go for the computer cord or pull on my earrings and for all these things, she gets a soft no and a redirection. People like that should be born sterile or not born at all for that matter. On the news recently, there was this man that beat and killed his 9 month old baby. My daughter bumps her head with a toy and cries and it breaks my heart. Some people should just be drawn and quartered.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:18 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• What can a 3 month old possibly do to be punished? There are some people that just should not be allowed to have children. This is why I think ALL first time parents should have to take a child development class before they can take their baby home from the hospital.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:23 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I am in no way condoning hurting a child, and I have not read this story so don't know the facts,.............but I do know that I have punished my child too much simply cuase I couldn't take it anymore. Not to say I've ever broken his bones or even left a bruise, but I have overpunished simply because I was at the end of my rope. With this baby being 3 months there is nothing the child could of done about its behaviour so the child shouldn't of been punished. But I do understand being just soooo fed up with my kid I've wanted to hurt him. I haven't and don't think I ever would, but by God I've been almost there and have had to walk away.
    Anonymous

• They're missing their souls.
    dawn_misayo

Answer by dawn_misayo at 11:32 PM on Apr. 13, 2009