Tattoos in private places???

I am a heavily tattooed mom and I am very open to people's ideas and designs but I have always been a little creeped out when someone tells me about a tattoo they got dedicated to their kids or a family member on a "private area" of their body...I am talking bikini lines and lower back so you are reading the children's name while looking at a lovely butt crack at the same time. I don't like to think of myself as a prude but there is no way in hell I could get my children's name tattooed on my bikini line or anywhere near that area of my body! I know the lower back is a very common/generic place to get tattooed but can't those spots be saved for the tattoos NOT dedicated to the children?!?!?!?

lucysmomrocks

Asked by lucysmomrocks at 11:03 PM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I agree. I'm saving my buttcrack tattoo for my "If you're reading this, you're standing too close" text tattoo! Even that's classier than having my kids name hovering above my back door.
    feministmama

Answer by feministmama at 11:36 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I agree I have noticed woman who do have their children names on them in places that should be elsewhere. I mean I have seen them like you say only bc they make it visible to the public.
    I personally would rather put my spouse name on me down there...lol But then again I hear it is bad luck now that is a diffeent story.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 11:07 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• lol i agree. im getting my son's name and his fathers name on my ankle some time in the near future, but NEVER would i put my sons name near my va jay jay. thats sick in my opinion. and um doggy style, your SO reading your kids name while doing the deed? come on now. no thanks =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 11:07 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I was thinking of getting Kali's name tattooed on one nipple and the new baby's name on the other nipple. Are you saying I shouldn't? Hmm, you just changed everything....
    tuff_as_snails

Answer by tuff_as_snails at 11:16 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Umm I have my dds tattoo there and its very common to have a childs name on your lower back I worked in a tattoo shop for a very long time and it was a common thing now for the v-zone thats a different story thats personal. Why is the lower back so odd to put your childs name? Its a back not your v-zone and the doing it doggy style even if you place your childs name on your shoulder you'd still see it.
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 11:24 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I guess I'd have to know their reasoning. I think it sounds really weird and I think that their kids would be weirded out by it.
    dawn_misayo

Answer by dawn_misayo at 11:31 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• personally if its not a place anyone is gonna see why have the tat there. I mean seems to say I love you enought to get a tat for you but not so anyone can see it
    Lyndall

Answer by Lyndall at 11:34 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I totally agree!
    Angelbugmom

Answer by Angelbugmom at 5:47 PM on Apr. 16, 2009