Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What else can I do?

Ok I have been with my fiance for 6 years in May and we have 2 children together. When we first got together he worked everyday and had no problem giving me money, but about 2 years into our relationship he lost his job and hasn't really kept one since. Well our lease is up on our apartment on the 27th of this month and I just can't afford to take care of everything anymore. I am considering moving in with my Mom until I can get on my feet. Does anyone think this is wrong for me to do this to him or am I right to give up on this. I have been taking care of him for 4 years I am 24 years old with 2 kids and it's hard.


Asked by TaterNJo0sMommy at 11:11 PM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Relationships

Level 1 (0 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (9)
  • You need to do what is best for you and your kids. At this point he's had 4 years to get his act together, thats more then enough time. Tell him to join the service, thats a steady paycheck and good health care.

    Answer by Vanessannd at 11:24 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

  • i think you have to do what is best for you and your kids. and maybe this will give him a kick in the butt to get a job he keeps and take care of his kids

    Answer by vabchmommy at 11:12 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

  • you do what you have to to support your children.

    Answer by mnadcox at 11:12 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

  • i think u should sit and talk wih him about it. thats the onyl way to resolve it. tell him its alot for u to handle 2 kids work and support evetrything and not lose ur mind. tell him he needs to get a job and keep it and help out or ur gonna b forced to move in with ur these tough economic times...we cant afford to hav just 1 person in a relationship working.

    Answer by xhellxfirex495 at 11:13 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

  • Girl you gotta take care of those kids first cuz no one else can. He's a grow ass man. Sorry bud, but my kids come first.

    Answer by dawn_misayo at 11:20 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

  • You should do as you are thinking. If he wants to continue the relationship, he would need to get a job and hold it, and perhaps to get counseling. But really, the way it is now, it doesn't sound as though he is the person you'd want to spend the rest of your life with. Good luck.

    Answer by Bmat at 11:22 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

  • Nope, not wrong at all. If he hasn't kept a steady job in 4 years, you need to do whatever you need to take care of you and the kids.

    Answer by hopelessnance at 11:32 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

  • if a man is not working to support his children his worthless ass should be out on the street. i wouldnt for a secondput up with trying to support a man who wont work, unless he was super dad and took care of the kids and house and was actually trying to get a job. but if he just wont work cuz ur supporting him he is worthless

    Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 12:00 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

  • Thanks ladies..I guess as hard as this will be I know what I have to do!!

    Answer by TaterNJo0sMommy at 12:11 AM on Apr. 14, 2009