You always hear don't give your kids peanuts, does anyone give their toddler peanut butter & Jelly for lunch??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:30 PM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• o ya. she loves it. i give her chocolate too and she doesnt hav a prob with it. no allergies here!
    xhellxfirex495

Answer by xhellxfirex495 at 11:32 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• oh i do, my dd is 2 1/2 and she love pb &j's. i don tput on thick, anywhere colse to thick. just so its easier for her bc too much sticks to her teeth. but she doesnt have allergies. so it worked fine for me.
    trelyn

Answer by trelyn at 11:32 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I give my son pb and honey all the time. (he likes honey because Pooh eats it lol he comes out and says "Eat! Honey. Pooh" lol But I didn't give it to him until he was about 15 months. I got the ok from the doc and went home that day and gave it to him and he's eaten it ever since
    theheartbaby

Answer by theheartbaby at 11:33 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Oh yeah!!! And i gave her a syrup when she was younger that was prossed where peanuts are..

And she broke out in hives, and we found out she was allergic to peanuts..

But it went away because now she doesnt have it .
    She loves pb and j
    mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 11:33 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Why not? Peanut butter is fine after a year of age...it is actually healthy. So yes I give my daughter pb&j for lunch. And I also give her peanut butter and apple slices for a snack. She loves it!!
    pamelajqs

Answer by pamelajqs at 11:33 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• they say not to give them peanuts before the age of one, same with peanut butter b/c of the allergies and peanuts can get choked on peanut butter is kinda thick to swallow. you asked in the 1-2 section so i am assuming thats how old your kid is. i started giving mine peanut butter sandwhiches at that point
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:34 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• my daughter is going to be 2 on the 27 of this month and yes i do she loves it but she hates the bread lol
    nakita72

Answer by nakita72 at 11:37 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Well, peanuts and other nuts are a choking hazard. Same with dried fruits like raisins. As for peanut products like PB and J, it's been recommended to not give them to kids under 1 or to kids under 3 in families with food allergies.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:38 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Nuts themselves are a choking hazard and they can also be an allergen in some kids, but I gave my kids peanut butter around 12 months and just watched for reactions. Neither had one so they are still getting PB and J sandwiches and my son often gets peanuts too at almost 4 years old.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:41 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• My DD started getting PB at 1, she still loves her PB!
    Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 11:36 AM on Apr. 14, 2009