Kidney or Bladder Infections

Does anyone know the symptoms of either? Also, is there anything that I can do instead of going to the doc and getting more antibiotics? I take enough of those for sinus infections. I would rather do something natural if possible. I am drinking cranberry juice and not sure whatelse.

Asked by tyfry7496 at 11:39 PM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Health

• it burns when you pee there is a test out to see if you have one im not sure what it is called
    Anonymous

• Kidney infection your lower back hurts, bladder infection feels like you have to pee all the time, UTI you pee frequently but have burning. For kidney you need to go to the doctor sooner rather than later. Usually an infection goes like this UTI develops into bladder then bladder develops into kidney (not always in a pattern though). If it's a UTI you can take AZO which is over the counter.
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 11:41 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• they have these cranberry pills that you can take i think they have them at most drug stores like walgreens and walmart has them too. they have these other things for uti that keeps everything clean too, so you dont get them
    krstqt123

Answer by krstqt123 at 11:42 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• If it burns,iches, or bleeds when you pee, unexplained fever, or rash,if its kidney you need to see a dr, if it's bladder, drink alot of cranberry juice
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 11:42 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• There's also test kits that you can take to see if it's a UTI at your drug store
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 11:42 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Ouch! Yes, I unfortunately have kidney issues. And I've had a few bladder infections (urinary tract infections) too. Kidney problems can make you retain water, have swollen legs and feet, and you don't pee very often and your pee is dark (it can have protein [blood] in your urine). It requires ongoing treatment. Bladder infection is different. Classic symptoms are you feel like you have to pee badly, and often. But when you go, hardly anything comes out and it hurts at the end of peeing. The condition gets worse by the hour! You have to get antibiotics quick. But after you are treated you recover quickly. Whew!
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 11:55 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Thanks!! I think I will be calling the doc, I have lower back pain and I pee a lot. It doesn't burn when I pee but it burns all the time (maybe from going so much and wiping a lot). Thanks again everyone.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:01 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Antibiotics work differently. Those for kidney infection aren't the same ones you would take for a bladder infection or a sinus infection.
    paralegal09

Answer by paralegal09 at 7:43 AM on Apr. 14, 2009