Text went to the wrong person!

Hi all! I have a new friend, and her story is hard to understand. Out of character, I sent an email to my hubby. I simply said I thought I knew her Husbands' salary. I am so embarrassed! It went to her instead. She wrote back and said, "Nope, his salary is >>>> (and put a specific $ amt) So, I called her and told her that I owed her an apology. Told her that I was sorry, it was out of character of me, and I don't really know why I did it other than my husb and I were trying to understand the specifics. She responded that I should have asked if it was important to me. I said, again, I was sorry, and she said no big deal. However, I think it IS a big deal and I am really sorry. Should I do anything else? Let it die? Thanks for help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:50 PM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• Let it go. I think it is more of a big deal to you then to her. She probably just thinks you are bit nuts but that is it. No real harm done here, if she came out and told you her hubby's salary then it seems like it was no BIG deal to her. So if I were you I would let it go.
    LimoMOM5

Answer by LimoMOM5 at 11:58 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Let it go. If its not a big deal to her, then dont make it a big deal to you. If after a few months you still have a hard time forgetting it, try making a joke about it (remember that time I...?).
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 11:54 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• let it die, if she said no biggie than if you keep bringing it up she'll probably get upset over that. you called and immediately apologized, you could have just ignored it and pretended you didnt get her response but you did the grown up thing and shes being a grown up by saying its ok
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:54 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Sure let it go. Obviously she isn't worried about it.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 11:55 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• i would let it go. i thinkthis is why they are trying to outlaw sending nude pics lol cuz it could go to the wrong person and a lot of 10 yr olds have cell phones these days. anyway, off topic... i would just let that go. its not like a huge deal in the first place, its just money. u apologized, its over
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 11:57 PM on Apr. 13, 2009