Am I the only missing being able to dress up?

before I got pregnant,I never really got dressed up wasn't my thing. But now that I am pregnant and I see all the cute clothes that I would never think of wearing or buying, makes me wish i had gotten more dressy and girlie. Don't get me wrong I'm not a slob I'm always presentable everything from Hair,make up, etc. but I never wore heels often or nicer clothes. So, the question stands....Anyone else miss dress up?

Soulsmommy

Asked by Soulsmommy at 11:51 PM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• you know, i have recently been on a huge designer clothes kick. now i want a boob job and a tummy tuck and a nose job, and a closet full of designer clothes!!!! i never gave a rats ass before but now its all i want on my skin!!!
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 11:56 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• lol, welcome to motherhood. I think many of us feel that way! I looked at pregnancy as a temporary issue; I wasn't too bothered by what I couldn't wear...
    Now that I have been a mother for 4 years, I find myself wondering why I didn't take advantage of all the cute, dressy things before I got pregnant...
    Anonymous

• I know I sure do. Problem is I don't fit into my pre-having kid clothes. So now I wear sweat outfits and jeans that I can still squeeze into. I do miss dressing up and wearing heels and nice skirts and stuff. I just don't do it anymore. Nothing fits and I don't go anywhere that I need to dress up for. It would be nice to go to a nice dinner with my hubby and wear a pretty dress and heel though.
    mamofive

Answer by mamofive at 11:58 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• I still have girls nights. I live 20 mins from St. Louis. I cant help myself! I love shopping I love getting dressed up and I love hanging out with my girls!!! My X has his visitation every other weekend so once a month we have a girls night. We go to the clubs and get VIP and bottle service and just have a blast! Every women, especially mothers, deserve to kick back and do something thats fun and relaxing for them. You have to make time to do it and not feel bad about it! Im engaged and my SO knows I need my me time. I dont think its selfish, I think it makes me a better mommy and girlfriend. I am not feeling smothered or unappreciated or lacking attention. All of those things that we feel when we work our butts off all day doing laundry, chasing the little ones, trying to keep them happy, clean, on schedule, or your at work all day dealing with crap and you come home and make dinner do laundry and feel unappreciated... cont
    BraidensMommy01

Answer by BraidensMommy01 at 3:02 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• ... and what about the mothers going to school and working?! Thats my reality next fall. YIKES... I mite not be going out once a month to the club. But I will be spending my everyother weekend tanning, having lunch with my friends and family, and catching up on laundry lol. I just wish every mother would give herself that me time. And not feel bad about it. Im in a mommy and me group that meets at a park here and we discussed this issue. Some of them thought I was nuts going out and staying up all night... haha... Im one of the youngest, but they all see how relaxed I am. I set up a pedicure day at the spa for them and I kept 7 kids at a park while they relaxed. Guess what? They didnt feel bad!
    BraidensMommy01

Answer by BraidensMommy01 at 3:06 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• why can't you dress up during pregnancy .When I was pregnant with all three kids I always dressed up all cute just because you are pregnant does not mean you can't dress up.
    Anonymous