New SAHM is it a shocking new world to you now that you work in the home ? Meaning...

I go to these mommy groups & their so clicky! God who's talking about who, which kid is the bad one good one I just want to keep to myself

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:53 PM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Not trying to be preachy, but have you tried church? You will usually find a lot of SAHMs there and not usually as "clicky." Just an idea.
    Anonymous

• Yep! I've been there! While I want to socialize with other mommies, I moved to a new town (small town at that) where they all talk about each other behind each other's backs. They talk about their kids too. They have to be in everyone's business!! I can't imagine what they say about me, so I have just stopped going. Wish I lived in the city like I used too!!!
    Anonymous

• I tried doing mommy meet ups here where I live and the women were so snooty. I have tried finding moms that I have things in common with, but it is very difficult. I can't stand the ones think that everything they do is the best way and yada yada yada.....lol
    SLGross215

Answer by SLGross215 at 9:54 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Yeah, it saddens me that women are like that sometimes. I try to just pick out the women that I get along with and try to hang out with them one on one. It's hard to find people b/c you are basing your friendship on the fact you both have kids, sometimes not really the things you have in common. I actually have met a lot of good moms here on cafemom using local groups. Also, I had to come to terms with the fact that while meeting other moms won't secure a best friend, it is nice to just get out of the house once in awhile and be around other adults. I had to look at the silver lining :)
    mkemom519

Answer by mkemom519 at 10:12 AM on Apr. 14, 2009