Down the drain!!

How many mom's have let themselves go? Like totally given up on trying to look good? I used to go tanning, get my nails done, get my eyebrows waxed, work out, dress nice, wear makeup, get my hair cut nice, now I never do any of these things! My daughter is almost 3 and I need to get motivated to make some changes to my appearance, I don't feel attractive anymore...And I feel like my daughter looks so well put together, and has a sloppy looking mom, Any Advice??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:54 PM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Raising my glass to this one!!! Its all about remembering who you are and enforcing some me time. Us mamas focus so much on everyone else that we let ourselves go. Spend a day once a month just pampering yourself. What is most important to remember that you must take care of yourself in order to take care of your child. Its easier said than done. Sometimes you just have to do it. Even if you have to do your hair and nails yourself. When a woman looks good she feels good!!!!
    VaDivaMom

Answer by VaDivaMom at 12:06 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• spend more time on yourself. take 5 mins to put on mascara and eye shadow. if you want to do the whole tanning, nails, hair stuff like that again then do it. as for working out take your daughter to the park and play catch, stick her in a stroller and take a walk. once you start to get into the habit again it will make you feel better about yourself, and you may find that you want to do more
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:57 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• Well some days I am not fit to answer the front door. But more often, I try to keep up to par. Makes me feel better and more confident. Good life starts with self.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 12:16 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Same here. I used to get full highlights, tan, get my nails done, dress up, wear jewlery and heels. I looked and felt great. Then I turned into a slummy mummy really bad. I mean sweat pants, sloppy looped pony tail, the works! Now I realize I'm never going to have money or time for all of the primping again so I just pick a few things to do and I feel so much better about myself. For me I simply paint my nails instead of getting them done, I go tan three times a week, and wear makeup. The clothes are cute but practical. You can dress from Old Navy and look nice. GL! Hate that feeling :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• go through a mary kay rep for a free facial and makeover and a little pampering session you can even invite your girlfriends for it and it's at no cost.
    Marykay_usmc

Answer by Marykay_usmc at 12:22 AM on Apr. 23, 2009