What do you feel is the most mis-understood religion?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 11:57 PM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• wicca- witchcraft. I dont think people understand too much about that religion and what its all about. I sure have no clue about it.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 11:59 PM on Apr. 13, 2009

• witches they do not understand what we are about and the good we do they judge us before they know who we are
    nakita72

Answer by nakita72 at 12:01 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I don't know a ton about it but, I'd say Satanism. Even my SO (who as far as I can tell shares a bit of the Satanists philosophy) can't get past his Christian upbringing on that one.

BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 12:02 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Islam... due to some extremists I think their faith is very misrepresented to those who do not share it. Satanism is misunderstood, considering the fact that most Satanists don't even believe in Satan. There are probably a lot of misconceptions about many faiths!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 12:02 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Satanism, probably.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I would say eclectic paganism... Not so much wicca, now that it's becomming more popular more people know what it's all about. But there is no set path for most eclectic pagans so it's hard for most to wrap their mind around...

Also, voodoo... People here the word voodoo and start thinking crazy ladies with little dolls or Scooby Doo... Most know little to nothing about it...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:03 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Pagan/Wicca and the practice of witchcraft.

LDS I think is another misunderstood religion.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 12:03 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I assumed you meant what religion people had preconceived (and incorrect) notions about. That's why I say Satanism.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• LDS - JW - Catholic
    The trifecta of Christians that other Christians love to hate.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:27 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I would have to say Wicca. When people think of witchcraft, their thoughts automatically stray towards fiction like in the movie "the craft" Where a bunch of girls put hexes on each other and do evil things. Which in fact, it's a very peaceful religion and looks down on any negativity whether physical, mental, or spiritual. Also, Wicca and Paganism was around way before Christianity. Some of what Christians believe was shaped by Paganism.. whether they like to admit it or not.
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 12:34 AM on Apr. 14, 2009