Does anyone have the ParaGard IUD as their form of BC?

I have this and I am wondering about the side effects that you have experienced, if any. So basically, has ANYTHING changed about you since you got this birth control, no matter how subtle it may seem to you. I am asking this because since I have had this BC, I have had much more discharge which appears to be blood-tinged (in between periods), much worse cramping during periods (which I never had before), painful intercourse and decreased sex drive. I have had my IUD in for about 9 months and I want to figure out if it is what is causing these things to happen to me or not. If it is the cause, then I plan to get it removed but I have to research other methods of birth control first, of course. I just want to feel normal again.

And NO I was not experiencing any of these things before getting this IUD placed.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:59 PM on Apr. 13, 2009 in Health

• I've had mine for over a year. I still have cramps most of the time and the spotting hasn't gone away yet. My periods are heavier as well (they've always been pretty heavy anyway). I haven't had problems w/ intercourse being painful or any change in my sex drive. If you had a baby recently that could be part of the problem. I'd suggest talking to your Dr. about the issues you're having. Personally, I prefer the ParaGard b/c I don't do well with hormones- they make me a crazy lady.
    dannydawna

Answer by dannydawna at 4:05 PM on Apr. 18, 2009