• In the Spotlight:

When washing the dishes do you take your rings off or do you leave them on?

I usually use the dishwashing machine but sometimes I have a small load it would be a waste to use the dishwashing machine so I just wash by hand and sometimes I just want to hurry up and finish I forget to take off my rings.
I mean to take them off I would hate to loose a stone or so.

Is there any harm though?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I always take mine off before doing dishes. Over time, the water causes the stones to loosen in their settings.
    chuggerboysmom

Answer by chuggerboysmom at 3:53 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I always take mine off
    delta27

Answer by delta27 at 12:05 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I never take mine off. I don't even really think about it when i'm busy cleaning.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 12:17 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I only take mine off if the water I am using is super hot.
    I do however make sure I take them off while cooking anything really messy like when rolling meatballs or cookies.
    I forget to put them back on and walk around for days before I remember sometimes.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 12:17 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I never take mine off.
    tiggermom803

Answer by tiggermom803 at 2:15 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I don't wash the dishes...lol.
    Seriously, I have two teens and a 20 year old living at home who do them for us. Sometimes, my husband does them, too.

Once, they cried that it was unfair that I never cook or do the dishes and I told them it wasn't fair that I had to collect the laundry from their bedroom floors, carry them downstairs with a bad back, sort them, wash them, dry them, fold them, iron them, and sometimes put them away for them! They shut up after that because they know how many hours and days a week is spent on laundry and how little time is spent in the kitchen.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:23 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• i usually put my dishes in the dishwasher so i dont take them off.. but if i wash a few dishes by hand i dont think about it and keep them on. when i take a shower i take them off or if im getting messy making dinner ill take them off and slip them in my pocket.
    emmalouwho

Answer by emmalouwho at 11:38 AM on Apr. 14, 2009