what is the best kind of breast pump to use?

With my first child i had problems getting the pump to work I could not get out more than two table spoons. But when she nursed it did fine. I don't know if it was the pump or if I just can't pump.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:12 PM on Jun. 20, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I used the medula brand...make sure you get an automatic one or your hand will fall off from all of the hard work. LOL
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 3:14 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I rented the Medula also. I believe it was the Symphony model.
    kaseysmommy1003

Answer by kaseysmommy1003 at 3:16 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I used the "Purely Yours" pump. It was about half the cost of a Medela. I bought it from ebay and it basically paid for itself after about a month. I used it for both my kids. I think it was about a hundred dollars.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 4:00 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I have the Lansinoh dual electric pump. I pump exclusively and I love it! It was around $150 and I got it at Wal-mart. :)

Also when you're gonna pump sometimes it helps to put warm compresses on your boobies and relax. I usually massage too until I let-down and then I pump. I can get 15 oz total from mine at a pumping session.
    schmoo_mommy

Answer by schmoo_mommy at 4:17 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I have to second the Purely Yours. I purchased mine (both times) on Ebay. It has a "closed system" pump so you have less to worry about sterilizing and cleaning. It works extremely well and is much cheaper than the Medula. My boobs never really responded to the Medula :(
    faeriemamma

Answer by faeriemamma at 4:35 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I have a Medela Pump In Style...it's Great!!!
    inkognit007

Answer by inkognit007 at 4:38 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Top choice- renting a hospital grade Ameda or Medela.
    Owning- Ameda Purely Yours ( the Lanisnoh (spelling???) one is a clone of the Purely yours- now in stores)- love it. Its a little cheaper than the Medela and as a PP noted- a closed system, so milk DOES NOT get into the pump!
    x02100sks

Answer by x02100sks at 4:47 PM on Jun. 20, 2008