Ok ladies I am 37wks. And for the past hour I have been experiencing pain. Like bad period cramps. what could this be? This is my first pregnancy

jacudra

Asked by jacudra at 12:07 AM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Is the pain steady or does it come and go. If it is on and off pain...how far apart. It sound like you are contracting.
    LimoMOM5

Answer by LimoMOM5 at 12:08 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• you could be in labor if it gets worse call the doc!
    4lyfe56

Answer by 4lyfe56 at 12:08 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• congrats sweetie! Start timing!!! deep breaths, try to ease any pressure around your hips cause that's only gonna get worse. have dh massage you everywhere, anywhere on your body you need it. if they get close to exactly 5 minutes apart for around a half an hour to an hour, then you should get yourself checked into the hospital! Hope your bag is packed!! gl!
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 12:08 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Could just mean that you are dilating but not in labor. If you time them and they follow a pattern then call your doc, if 7 min apart for one hour.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• thats what my labor felt like at first. Never hurts to go into L&D
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 12:18 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Could be labour, could be prelabour crampiness. Keep an eye on contractions to see if they are regular. My early labour felt like bad menstrual cramps. Lots of luck to you!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 12:34 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• False labor contractions start from stomach and radiate to the back. True labor contractions start in back and radiate to the stomach.
    Good Luck to you Mommy. We all want updates on the baby when he/she gets here!!!!
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 8:14 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• 10min for a few hrs, then 5-6min for like 1- 1/2hrs and then 1-2min
    Anonymous