Sloppy Looking!!!!!!

How many mom's have let themselves go? Like totally given up on trying to look good? I used to go tanning, get my nails done, get my eyebrows waxed, work out, dress nice, wear makeup, get my hair cut nice, now I never do any of these things! My daughter is almost 3 and I need to get motivated to make some changes to my appearance, I don't feel attractive anymore...And I feel like my daughter looks so well put together, and has a sloppy looking mom, Any Advice??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:08 AM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Get naked and stand in front of a mirror.... now stand there until you find one thing that you like about yourself. Now, dress to enhance that one thing. Now write down that one thing that you DON'T like (only ONE) and put it on the fridge.... tomorrow, write down what you are going to do to make that look better... exercise, make-up, new clothing, whatever.... then before the hour is up DO IT.

Now you've got you're one good feature enhanced and you've camouflaged your one bad one.... do that for 5 days..... then add one more thing to each list.

But one basic... add some exercise to your day.... choose one area to tone, and work on that one area for two weeks, then add another area. You can do this.... baby stepping, giant leaps, however you do it.. .but do it.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 12:14 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• i did the same thing so i went out and got my toes,nails and hair done and it makes you feel great!! go do those things girl it will make you feel great!
    4lyfe56

Answer by 4lyfe56 at 12:10 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• you have to want it bad enough to change. it is great if you have a man at home who loves you no matter what, but that doesn't help in the motivation area. start slow, like cutting sugars and extra starches out of your diet. that should help raise your endorphins. take up walking, with ot without little one. do something for you that you enjoy doing, make a steady schedule of it, and when you start to look forward to doing that, add something else on the list to do. like keep the walk and add doing your hair every other day. little things. good luck
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 12:11 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I know the feeling I have pretty days but mostly sloppy days and my dd always looks her best.

I need to work out so freaking bad my mil bought me a bikini that I can't fit into and I need motiavtion too.

aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 12:11 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Just go back to your old ways...but I know what you mean I feel that way too.
    When I do fix myself up I am ready to take off the makeup I feel yucky underneath it like I am wearing a mask or something, I guess I just got used to not wearing stuff anymore.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 12:12 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• o man i know how you feel. I went for like 6 months just to tired to even get dressed (being a SAHM made it easier to be 'sloppy' for me) but then I got so tired of feeling this way that once I week I FORCED myself to get 'dolled' up for my husband by the time he got home and slowly it became twice a week and then more and more. Now it is VERY seldom that I havent gotten up in the morning showered dressed and 'put myself together' for the day and the days I do DH knows it's because I've had a rough day and will be extra sweet and help me out more on those days. I feel better about myself also. Try doing it slowly if that will be easier for you. It worked for me. Good Luck it really does just make you feel so much better about you!
    theheartbaby

Answer by theheartbaby at 12:28 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I have never been into doing my nails or anything like that, but I still try to do my hair and makeup everyday. Sometimes I have to just throw my hair up if my so is working and I have to get to work and hes fussing. Im still trying to lose my baby weight, but that I have kind of givin up on. blah.
    ashtonjames

Answer by ashtonjames at 12:38 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I do all that stuff, but I think it's not only because I like doing it, but because I'm in college and feel a tad bit obligated to look good. I mean people already think I'm kinda slutty for having a kid. If I were to let myself go, they'd probably think it even more. So I dress nice to show them that not every mother doesn't care about how they look.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 12:45 AM on Apr. 14, 2009