I really feel like I need therapy but embarassed to go.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• umm. need more than that but u should. itll help. i was embarassed and im so much better now
    xhellxfirex495

Answer by xhellxfirex495 at 12:12 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• lol depending on wut for that it haha
    xhellxfirex495

• Why embarrassed? There is no shame in asking for help when you need it! A GOOD counselor can make all the difference, but be careful, a bad one can do more harm than good.

Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 12:15 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• There's absolutely no shame in needing therapy. Your a much stronger person for being able to face the fact that you need it than someone who will ignore it and let themselves bring down the people around them with their own problems.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:42 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Therapy good. Emotional distress bad. Go !
    grammylynn911

Answer by grammylynn911 at 10:11 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I am a therapist myself, so obviously I am very pro-therapy. Therapy is usually confidential, (with a few exceptions that the therapist should review with you,) so nobody need know that you are going to therapy. That will protect you from embarrassment, while allowing you to still get your needs met. That said, of course, I don't think that getting therapy is a shameful thing. I think that it takes a lot more bravery to ask for assistance. But, I respect your feelings, & think that for the most part a therapist should be able to maintain your confidentiality.
    Bookwormy

Answer by Bookwormy at 11:00 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Do it. I think everyone should be in therapy. And every couple should be in couples therapy. Lol. I'm exaggerating, but don't feel embarrassed... that cultural stigma isn't there as much anymore, anyway...
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 12:32 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I was too but after I did it went up from there. If you are worried about going to a mental health office depending on what its for mine is for depression and narcolepsy but my family care doctor has helped me more than when i was under the care of a mental health professional so maybe that is an option plus anything you say to a doctor or someone in the professon is confidential. Plus if it weren't for crazy people like me and really i am seriously lol they wouldnt have a job so don't be embarassed they are there to help and it is in no way bad to need help.
    dingyboo

Answer by dingyboo at 7:57 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• go...its nice to talk to someone who knows nothing about you!!! you will feel better!!!
    amwb1201

Answer by amwb1201 at 1:49 AM on Apr. 23, 2009