how many of you people believe....................

That Seventh Day Adventism is a cult? If so, why do you believe so?

jamesmommy12

Asked by jamesmommy12 at 12:10 AM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I honestly don't know enough about SDA to make that assupmtion.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 8:42 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Nope. They are doing what is right by them.
    saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 12:13 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I don't. I just think of them as a stricter religion, kind of like JWs.
    When I was a kid I read a book about a girl who was a SDA. I don't remember the name of it, but I'm pretty sure it was fiction. Anyway, that's what gave me that impression.
    I also had a SDA friend in high school.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:13 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I don't think its a cult at all really. I think it's a religion based on different beliefs and different interpretations of Jesus, the rules and translation bible, and even God.

(Of course, I'm Wiccan so I believe there is nothing wrong with ANY religion)
    Mina2904

Answer by Mina2904 at 12:26 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• No. It is not a cult. I'm SDA and I get this question a lot. It is quite frustrating actually.
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 12:27 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• No, I don't consider it a cult, though I have to admit I am not as knowledgeable about that faith as I would like to be.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 12:33 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• No its not a cult. Just another way for people to have a relationship with Jesus, as well as different interpretation of the Bible.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 12:35 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Isn't that a relatively new religion? Who is their prophet?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• It's actually very old. Our prophet is Ellen G. White.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 12:46 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Not a cult, not like Mormons or Jehovah's Witnesses. Just a somewhat stricter religion that goes to church on Saturday instead of Sunday, and have strict dietary laws for health reasons. Ellen G.White started the Adventist faith in 1844. Before that they were called Millerites, and believed the world was going to come to an end in that year, but Ellen G White gave them the prophesies that Jesus went from the Holy Place to the Most Holy Place of the heavenly temple and is now judging the living. When this is finished, he will return to the earth for those whose names are written in the book of the lamb (saved in other terms) and the dead in Christ will be raised first, then those who are alive will join them in the sky with Jesus and the angels.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 1:13 AM on Apr. 14, 2009