Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what would you do if your SO threw something at you?

mySO threw a orange at me and then smashed it in my face because he felt like iwas disrespecting him, to me I feel that even if you feel i disrepected you I still did not put my hands on you. this is not the first tme he has had an outburst because he was angry. I just do not know how much more I can take! I just want to take my daughter an run away!

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 12:19 AM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Relationships

Answers (11)
  • If it was out of anger, I would be concerned. Look into your options of getting away from that situation, and also consider marriage counseling for both of you. You never know what he could throw next, or at whom.

    Answer by serioussifL at 12:20 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

  • I would take my daughter and run away! Besides the fact that his aggression will probably continue to escalate, you should consider the message this is sending to her. If you stay, she will grow to think that is the kind of treatment she should accept. Would you want her to endure what you are now living through?


    Answer by Mishelly728 at 12:21 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

  • Give him an ultimatum!!! Anger Therapy or you and your daughter are gone. It's not gonna get better on its own, it will probably get worse!! Not a good environment for you or your daughter...get out while you still can

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

  • I'd throw something back!

    Answer by wirelessbubbles at 12:25 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

  • Yuppers he either needs to learn how to control himself in a healthy manner or you are putting your child in jeapordy by staying with him. If your to scared to ask him to get help, then you need to get out while the getting is good. People generally just dont "snap". I bet there was signs and you either didnt want to see them.

    Answer by mistynights234 at 12:28 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

  • Take your daughter and run away... that's not just abuse, it's degrading. Get out, swift, quick and in a hurry.

    Answer by PaceMyself at 12:35 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

  • I would throw something right back at him. My hubby and I do that all the time.

    Answer by kimosgirl08 at 12:46 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

  • Call the cops, he will be required to take classes and you can press charges against him. He will probably spend a night in jail and then you have the options of getting out while you can. Especially if he is smashing things into your face. He will have fines and will (if required) have to pay restitution. That would give you enough time to get your stuff together (or atleast enough for a few days OUT).

    Answer by MamaRoberts at 1:23 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

  • Never let a man do that to you. EVER! If my hunny did that to me, I cant tell you what I would do. I would probaby tell him how much of a "man" he is for doing something to a woman like that. If he hurts you again you have to stop it. Shame on him once, Shame on you twice. You deserve much better than some one who treats you like that, but you also have to show him respect. My man grew up in a house where you didnt have to show the mom respect, now when he is disrespectful I say "that was completely disrespectful and Im not going to talk to you or listen to you until you want to apologize because I dont deserve to be treated like that." Yeah, Im treating him like a child, but it has really been effective. I cant remember the last time I had to say that to him. Whatever you do, remember that you have to have respect for yourself.

    Answer by HunnysFarAway at 1:48 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

  • Kick his ass!

    Answer by kylesboo at 6:41 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.