Smoking

How many of you mommies are smokers?? I just wanna know that I'm not the only one? Did you smoke during your pregnancy?? Did your parents smoke?? Do you feel like less of a mother because you smoke? I just want to know other mommies feelings. Sometimes I feel like I'm such a bad mom just because I smoke, I've tried to quit several times, but no luck!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:31 AM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I smoke, outside only of course. It's a nasty and unhealthy habit that you (and I) would be best to quit but it does NOT make you a bad person or a bad mother. Under NO circumstances. I'm not really cool with people who smoke in the house or car around their kids, but smoking is an unhealthy habit. Everybody has one whether they're smoking or drinking too much wine or stuffing their face with McDonalds everyday.
    aurorabunny

Answer by aurorabunny at 12:38 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• its not luck, you just realize that your health and your baby are more important and you quit! It doesn't take magical powers just do it!HELL no I would NEVER smoke YUK!
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 12:33 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I am a smoker, I did not smoke during pregnancy. My dad smoked, momma never smoked. I don't feel less of a mother because I smoke... and I'll poke a person in the eye if they come off with that. I smoked outside their whole lives... now they don't live at home and I smoke where I want to .
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 12:33 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Every single person in my family smokes. I always swore I never would but I ended up starting when I was 17. I had an extrememly rough up bringing though. I even hid it from my friends at first so it wasnt a trying to look cool thing. But when I found out I was pregnant I tried my hardest to quit and was able to cut back to about 2 a day. And that lasted about a month and then ended up smoking more. I cut it in half at least. I feel terrible for it. My son is completely fine, but I still feel horrible. I am still a smoker but I only smoke outside and always take off my sweatshirt before going near him. I feel the need to post this anonymous because I dont want some one bashing on me. Some people on here are crazy. I feel that it is your choice. It is way different than drinking or doing drugs while pregnant. My mom smoked while she was pregnant with my sister and I and we too are fine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:35 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Some people just dont understand how hard quiting really is
    ashtonjames

Answer by ashtonjames at 12:36 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• calliesmommie that was very helpful, I'm so stupid I never thought that smokiing was bad for my and my babies health. DUH! It is luck, you have never smoked so you have no idea what it is like to try to quit... I asked for mothers that smoked to give me some advice, not for the non smoking mommies to get on here and BASH!!!! You are so opinionated take it somewhere else!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:37 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Yes I smoke. I started at 16 quit the day I found out I was pregnant started again when my son was 7 months and i was no longer breastfeeding. My parents do not smoke nor have they ever. I dont feel like less of a mom but i really want to quit but everytime I've tried I can't except when I was pregnant. I look forward to getting pregnant again bc it was so much easier for me to quit. It was just like ok I can't not o I dont want to anymore just a simple I cant because my baby is in me. I promised myself I wouldnt start again after baby number 2. The only thing that makes me feel like a crappy mom is my son now talks and tells me "mom outside?" and if I tell him no not now he replies with "mommy igawet?" (when your kid tries bribing you with hey you do this and you can smoke it stabbed me in the heart)
    theheartbaby

Answer by theheartbaby at 12:37 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I used to be a smoker, but I quit. It took several times to quit, too. I know its hard. I never smoked while pregnant, and never smoked around a non smoker or kids. I personally knew it was time and I could do it when my family started dropping off like flies from cancer. It scared me to think my kids and DH might have to watch me die like that. I don't think smoking makes you a bad person though. Only time it bothers me is when my FIL recently thought it was okay to stand on my porch and blow it on me and my kids when we walk to the door. But that's just him being rude.
    kbates1208

Answer by kbates1208 at 12:53 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I smoke, not during my pregnancy though, I really tried to quit for good, but honestly (and I know this will sound crazy) after I gave birth to my son I had PDD sooooo bad that smoking was really the only thing that kept me sane, I do feel bad for smoking even though I dont smoke around my son and I dont even smoke that much because I am still breastfeeding, (and before anyone bashes me on that his doctors know and all have told me its still better to BF and smoke then to not BF at all), its weird part of me wishes I never started again then the other part of me enjoys it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:00 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I smoke. I did smoke when I was preg. Both my mom and dad smoked. My mom quit 17 yrs ago. I have been smoking for 5 yrs.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:06 AM on Apr. 14, 2009