Who's still breastfeeding?

My daughter is one and I plan to breastfeed til she's two. Who else?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:43 AM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son is 20 months and we still are.
    MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 12:48 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I am my baby is 15 months. I think I am about done. I have been pregnant or nursing for the past 41 months. I would like to go out for a beer once in awhile. LOL
    No really... I have really sensitive skin and now my baby is starting to pinch and scratch my chest and arms when he is nursing and I am getting tired of it...dang it hurts. My two and a half year old also has a thing about my bra...if he is drinking milk in a sippy he insists that he has his hand up my shirt grabbing my bra. Having two pinching and scratching me all the time is getting bothersome.
    I think it is wonderful to BF until age two. Good luck to you and your LO.
    :)
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 12:54 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• DD is almost 22 months. I had to stop breastfeeding her for about 10 days now because of the medication I had to take. It has been really hard. I could start again on Wednesday. But I don't think I should put her through the emotional heartache of weening again.

Good luck to you!
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 1:00 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• My son did until almost 21 months. 2 years is recommended & is a great goal. Good job for making it to one year!
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 6:58 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• My daughter is 22 months and still going strong. I didn't plan to be an extended nurser when I began nursing my son at birth, but he nursed until I was 6 months pregnant and he was 18 months old and self weaned and I will let this one self wean too. My plan was to nurse as long as possible.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:39 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• We're still nursing and my daughter just had her second birthday on Sunday.
    imagen

Answer by imagen at 9:30 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• my son will be 13 months and we are still goin. Not sure yet if we will go for another year.
    aeemom

Answer by aeemom at 9:40 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I nursed until my daughter self-weaned at 11mo. I would have nursed her until she was 3yo if that was what she had wanted. She got sick, however, & found it too difficult to nurse while congested. I pumped while she was sick, but once she was healthy, she still no longer wished to nurse. BFing is great for both of you. I am not a lactivist, however. It is a symbiotic relationship & if it isn't working for either party, then it is OK to stop. I was a working mom & had to pump a lot, & sometimes we had to supplement with formula. I was very lucky that my daughter would nurse, take warmed breast milk from a bottle, (not cold!) or take room temperature or warmed formula from a bottle.
    Bookwormy

Answer by Bookwormy at 10:56 AM on Apr. 14, 2009