Beltaine is coming up!!!

What do you do to celebrate?

alinker

Asked by alinker at 12:44 AM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Not sure yet. Usually I do a ritual with my Pagan group and we have a potluck afterwards.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 12:46 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Cleansing of my altar, ritual, sex...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:48 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• ugh.i need to get back into wicca
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 12:51 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• We celebrate by following the Celtic tradition and collecting the 9 sacred woods and light them in a bond fire before sunrise. Then we walk around it three times, say our invocation for Beltane, eat a hearty breakfast, and spend the day with the family.
    Mina2904

Answer by Mina2904 at 12:55 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• You don't sound very excited. Wow! I would think paganism would have more offer. I guess not.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:07 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• lol anon. Grow up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:13 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Oh poor little jealous anon, please move along and keep your ignorant mouth shut. At least we aren't celebrating a comercial holiday or one that claims to be of origin within another religion, but is actually originally Pagan. We celebrate what has ALWAYS been ours, and that doesn't necessarily mean spending tons of money on things or making a huge deal out of it. Small things are important, too.

To answer the question, I've been trying to decide what to do. I actually asked this about a week ago, I think, trying to get ideas since this is my first year celebrating. I'm thinking ritual and sex, too lol. Though I haven't even begun to work on my ritual yet. Need to do that lol. Blessed be!
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 1:20 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I can't resist the toe tapping drum beat of dancing around the Beltane fire and the shear joy and energy that it brings. I'm going to be celebrating with a public group and as it is we haven't done the planning session yet so...I'm not sure what exactly will done. I do know its been traditional for this group to raise the May Pole and do the ribbon dance. I can't wait.

Personally I think I'm going to have to skip my usually rituals this year. I'm too far along in my pregnancy to do the hieros gamos ritual which is the cornerstone.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 12:07 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• i'm sorry for the ignorance, i'm not fully converted....when is beltane (date-wise)?
    Anonymous

• The 'classic' ritual you do at Beltaine.....sex! love making! f@#$ing!...whatever you want to call it. I like to give thanks and renewal through the ultimate natural act! Woo Hoo!
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 12:27 PM on Apr. 14, 2009