OMG how do I get permenet marker out of....

leather my two year old son drew on my $3000 couch and I tried to get it up but its not working.
Ya Ya I know what your thinking WTF where you thinking getting a $3000 couch? I bought it 6 years ago when I was told I couldn't have kids but they where wrong LOL

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:50 AM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I wish I knew what to tell you. I just wanted you to know I feel your pain!
    MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 1:02 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I have not tried this.......but I have heard that Hairspray is supose to work.
    tambam75

Answer by tambam75 at 1:18 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Go get some of those Magic Erasers made by Mr. Clean... Those things can get up marker, crayons... makeup... they're nice
    Gremlyn

Answer by Gremlyn at 6:00 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• ok... first what color is your leather...a magic eraser could take out the color if it's a dark color leaving you a white mark on your couch...
    get an old tooth brush... some mild dish soap or laundry soap and gently scrub with the toothbrush and soap... see if that works ... now it may take some time too....so be patient
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 10:16 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• did you mr clean magic it?
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 4:16 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• What kind of permanent marker? Like a Sharpie? ---- You can try Alcohol, it can break it up on some surfaces.

You can also try contacting the company that makes the marker ---they may have a better suggestion as to how to get their 'ink' chemicals out of your couch.

If it's somewhere you can cover it cleverly with a throw or a pillow ---that may be the only option to 'hide' it.

Good luck!

PinkSodaPop

Answer by PinkSodaPop at 5:08 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Are you asking God this question? I don't think He'd like your foul talk. I know I sure don't. BOO!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:07 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I was thinking more along the lines of wtf were you thinking letting your 2 yr old get hold of a sharpie lol...have you nail polish remover?
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:52 AM on Apr. 15, 2009

• To the person commenting about me saying "OMG" I was referring to gosh not God so if you've taken it that way then that's your issue not mine so what was the point of commenting, you don't have a life, children, or a man to better use your time with? then to the person commenting wtf was I thinking letting my 2 yo get hold of a sharpie, my son got one off of my desk out my office (when I was in the hospital having surgery to have a tumor removed) when the (no longer) nanny was "watching" him.

so now doesn't that make you Both feel like the idiots you are.
    Anonymous

• To the rest of you: Yes I've used alcohol, non-acetone nail polish remover, soap with tooth brush, and I've even used bathroom cleaner spray
    Anonymous