I need to let it out but how?

Lately I've been so stressed. If it's not one thing it's another. It has nothing to do with my husband or little girl, but I feel like I am kind of taking it out on them. Can anyone reccomend something I could to just to blow off some steam! I juts feel like it's too much I have to let it out but don't know how.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:52 AM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Health

• Yep.... Nail Driving... I did this therapy, it worked. I planted a 4x4 post in my yard (it you already have one as part of a fence - great! ) anyhow... I bought my very own hammer and a big bag of nails. When it got to me and I wanted to yell at someone, or worse yet, hit or felt like it anyhow, I took my hammer and bag of nails and drove nails into the post until I was either (A) exhausted or (B) laughing my butt off because I would forget what pissed me off that bad and here I am just whay-laying a post. Then on days when I didn't feel like hammering... I would go to the post and remove nail after nail.... usually those were crying days.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 12:58 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• take up kickboxing, I've found it to be a nice relief, and a bit of a getaway from everything else!! It is a great release, take a vacay or something, get away from whatever it is that is stressing you out for about a week! Hakuna Matata!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:54 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Do some sort of exercise, it doesn't matter what. Or you you paint. Strange as it sounds, things like arts and crafts are good stress relievers. Might try something like a dance class, too.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 12:58 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Thank y'all!! These are all great ideas! It's making me feel a little better just thinking about trying some of these! We just bought a house and we're in the middle of remodeling it and we're in the middle of an adoption and her birthmom just uses me! She has another kid besides the one we're adopting and she drops him off with me for days and weeks at a time. And even if I really have important things to do I'll take him b/c who knows what shes capable of. and I hate that she can just do this! ERRRRrrrr!!!! I'm so sorry if I sound like im wining!! but i just have to tell somebody!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:07 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I love all answers, especially the nail driving one. I think I am going to try that because I always feel like I want to go chop some wood when I am really mad, but would probaby hurt myself (lol)But I was going to recommend seeing a councoller. I am a HUGE fan because it is always so great to walk in on a wednesday (that was my day) and lay it all down for someone who listened nonbiasly and would give advice and such. I never look down on anyone who is in "therapy" because it is SOOOO helpful and relieves a load of stress.
    HunnysFarAway

Answer by HunnysFarAway at 1:39 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I thought about therapy. I was in it when I was in school b/c i was never one to speak my mind i hold it all inside. But I was worried about it interfering with the adoption.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:42 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• ohhh.. good point. I guess it could. There are still some people who look at it from a "you only go to therapy if you are crazy" stand point.
    HunnysFarAway

Answer by HunnysFarAway at 6:21 AM on Apr. 14, 2009