Is there a blessing I can have done on hair?

I have a lock of all of my kids first hair cut. I never knew why i saved it (same with their umbilical cord piece that fell off LOL)....Anyway Iwas wondering about a blessing for success and happiness. I know they can curse with hair so I figured they can also do the opposite. Anyone know? I google searched and all i get are shampoos LOL. Let me know if you are someone that does this or know someone that does.

say_no_to_circ

Asked by say_no_to_circ at 1:03 AM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Sure, Pray this prayer. Dear heavenly father bless my child. Bless their going out and their coming in from this day forth. In Jesus Name Amen.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:09 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• It depends really on your personal religion or faith. May I ask what it is before I offer up suggestions?
    Mina2904

Answer by Mina2904 at 1:10 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Anon, grow up.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 1:22 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• And I agree that it depends on your beliefs.
    Mrs.BAT

• We definately do not want to assume that you are one religion or another.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 1:25 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• What is with the bible-thumping tonight? There was a thread for Pagans earlier and the bible-thumpers jumped on it like ants on a sugar cube!

I have to agree though, OP. It's based on your religion of choice
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:30 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I just love "bible-thumping" don't you?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:37 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• the pagans will not help until they realize that their help will not offend you OP. that is just a sign of respect . the religion board is full of judgemental people tonight.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:49 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I have never heard of a hair blessing . . . ?

But like everyone has already said, it depends on the faith of the person. A Christian will do something completely different than a Pagan.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 8:38 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I guess you could always use the hair on a poppet and wrap the poppet in gold ribbon for wealth, green for fertility, blue for tranquility... etc etc.. just an idea I pulled outta my rear just now but it's not a Bad one if I do say so my self, LOL
    paganmom05

Answer by paganmom05 at 3:42 PM on May. 4, 2009