SCREAMING!!!

My little girl has recently changed from a fussy little cry when she is wet or hungry to a full out yell/scream. No tears or hurt feelings, just like an angry scream. Im so worried that the people living around me are going to call DFS or something because it is so loud.
My question is, is this normal? Is it a stage (oh God please say it is!!)? is there a way to curtail it? I dont pick her up right away because nothing is really wrong, should I?
Any help at all would be great!

HunnysFarAway

Asked by HunnysFarAway at 1:26 AM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have a cousin whose daughter does this. How old is your child? If she is very young I would bring it up with the pedi, she might have a health problem or some un-identified discomfort. She may be teething early. With older babies I think it is a communication issue. Try giving the older baby words and gestures to alert you to what they want, instead of just screams.
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 3:24 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• My son does the same thing when he wants something and if u tell him no or take it away from him he swears ur killing him but when we give it to him he stops its like he knows you'll give in...Im hoping its a stage too....
    camerons_mom07

Answer by camerons_mom07 at 1:29 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• If she is teething then see if you can find "Hurricane Gel". I have to ask for it at the pharmacists. It's wonderful and works almost instantly.

When my son would scream like that I would pop him on the diaper and it would get his attention. He would look at me like he was shocked I did that and then it was a different cry and the tears started. I had to do that about 3 times and he got the hint. I couldn't stand for him to just scream in my face. I totally get crying if he is teething, dirty, wet, hungry....but crying for not reason means I get to give you a reason. Sorry, but I'm Mommy and you're baby and Mommy runs things.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 8:39 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I am already working with the baby sign language. And I think she might be teething but they are just barely visible in the gums. She is biting my knuckles when I give it to her though.
    She doesnt do it when I say no though. If I say no and take something away she just finds something else. But sometimes when she is trying to crawl and cant she does. She isnt doing it for no reason.
    She doesnt seem to have anything wrong with her stomach or ears. I dont want to start doing things like the thumping thing until she is around 6months because she is olny 4months and by the time shes done crying she wont have remembered why she was crying at this point.
    HunnysFarAway

Answer by HunnysFarAway at 12:37 PM on Apr. 14, 2009