What styling product really makes you hold volume and have bigger, poofier hair?

Mine is so limp and flat, it just falls after I style it. Anyone tried "Big Sexy Hair?" It's expensive so I'm not sure I'd invest in it unless it really worked. What about pomade? Anything to hold it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:32 AM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I rarely use hairspray (my hair gets blow-dried and it usually looks good), but when I do I use the Aussie kind. I really like it and it holds my stupid thick redhair. It smells good too!
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 1:37 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I got highlights in my hair and since I did that my sister demanded I use Paul Mitchel Extra body shampoo. When I wash my hair in the morning and dry it it is so big and beautiful try that. Only get it from a hairstylist though at the store they are old and sometimes they water it down too.
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 1:45 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• as a stylist i do not like big sexy hair, but thats just my opnion.....i prefer, as well as many of my clients, Redken...of course i cant think of the name of it now...but its a root lifting spray foam...if you go in any salon they can help u with it. its a mouse that spray out like a hairspray....oh its called GUTS. and when your hair is wet list ur hair w/ comb and spray ur roots..then blowdry. u can also try a little back combing to make it stick. if you're having problems, ask ur stylist next time u get a h/c to help show u how. most are willing! and then my fav hairspray is Kenra 25. just like they said above, please only buy from salons. the ones in target and walmarts are knock offs. paul mitchell has lawsuits out about them all, and are desparatly trying to fight it! sorry i jsut had to add that in! Good Luck
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 2:57 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• personally, i love the BIGSEXY root pump volumizer. as a stylist for over 20 years, i've tried everything promising bigger hair..and this has them all beat! (yes, i love redken colors..but not their styling products...too stinky and gooey!) i like BSrp because i/you can use it relatively wastefully, without having a buildup or icky feeling left in the hair. this goes for all hair types, as i've tried it on everyone, even AA hair. after you spray it in, i suggest you comb it through, to distribute the product a bit down the shaft of your hair. i even spray it on the thinner ends, sometimes, just to fatten them up. you can reapply in your weaker spots after blowdrying, and viola! you have volume and lift, without the goo. and at $14/per, its not really that expensive..fairly comparable to low-moderately priced salon products. the blowdry gel is ..ok..but its a gel, and messier to apply.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 4:21 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• also, if you have limp/flat hair, i'd suggest staying away from pomades, as they will weigh down the hair..and you don't need that! perhaps a texturizing cut will help give you some movement and body..a little color/highlighting would 'rough up' the texture, also.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 4:24 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• No one has mentioned it but it could be the cut of your hair. The weight of longer hair sometimes makes it fall limp too.
    As for products - I like Big Sexy Hair too and Bed Head products. I do agree, you may need your stylist to show you how to use them.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 6:50 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I have very thin "fly-away" hair actually. It's flat no matter what cut it is. :(
    Layers just make it look...thinner and flatter with a few chops here and there. Of course they might help if I learn how to add volume with the products mentioned above.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:42 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Avon has it all. Use the Advance Techniques Body Building Shampoo and Conditioner, the Advance Techniques Volumizing Mousse before blow drying and then after blow drying and after you style your hair follow up with the Mark Mega Volume Root Lifting Spray With Soothing Geranium. You can get all of that for $16 and it works just as well as the expensive stuff that costs you $16 for just one product. You can get it on my website www.youravon.com/dhullum use code fsany for free shipping straight to your home too! GL!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 8:05 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I use big sexy hair's root pump plus and I love it, I also use so sexy hair pomade (sold at victoria's secret) those are the only 2 styling products I use and I love how they leave my hair full of volume and the pomade really texturizes loose curls
    KenyonCsmom

Answer by KenyonCsmom at 3:08 AM on Apr. 18, 2009