I'm on Hydroxyzine for sleep at night but its not working and the medications that i used to be on like Ambien/Trazadone worked wonders when I needed to get a full night's sleep,What do you recommend for me and what should I ask my doctor about?

wandaluv

Asked by wandaluv at 1:39 AM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Health

• Not trying to sound stupid or irresponsible, though some might think so, honestly, try a more natural approach. Smoke a joint, marijuana. Not alot, just a few hits. Youll sllep like a baby all night. And still wake normal. Probably better than medication. Or maybe just a small glass of wine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:13 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• LUNESTRA
    hush84

Answer by hush84 at 1:57 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Why are you on Hydroxyzine.... they gave me that to put me to sleep when I was having hives and the bottle says to take 3 or 4 at bedtime.... literally. They told me that they won't keep you asleep. They're supposed the be like the little relaxation pill you get in the hospital before you have surgery. I don't know why a doctor would prescribe that for all night sleeping.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 2:02 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I took Ambien for several weeks and never slept better.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 7:53 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• yep...ambien. Ive been on it for a long time. Works wonders.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:08 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I am a huge fan of chiropractic, I worked at a chiro clinic for a few years and was absolutely blown away by the results people would have. Sleep deprivation included, we would have patients come in that hadn't had a good nights sleep in years and after adjustments slept better then ever. Try checking out a wellness chiropractor, and make sure to stick to your plan if you decide to try it out. it is important to maintain it, just like a workout. Good luck too!!
    marikhoy

Answer by marikhoy at 8:19 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I would just take two benadryl lol..

that always knocks me out!

i have been on every type of medication there possibly is for sleeping,
    and none of them made me feel comfortable sleeping, the medication felt like it was DRAGGGING me down to slumber land and i hate that feeling,

Benadryl is good!
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 10:00 AM on Apr. 14, 2009