ITCHY!

im almost 16 wks and i know itching is normal..but my entire body itches, literally from the bottom of my feet to the top of my head. its so bad that IF i wasnt a nail biter, my body would be completely torn up and bleeding from me scratching so hard and for so long. Its so much worse before i go to sleep. I dont have a rash or anything. does anyone know what this is and what i can do to make it better? ive used different lotions, tried different soaps..nothing works and im worried because its SO BAD!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:48 AM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would definitely try bathing in the Aveno Oatmeal bath. :) I find that helps when I itch. IF your feet and hands are itching, it could be Pregnancy Cholestasis... it's not very common and can be treated and their are different forms but it definitely begins with extreme itching of the botton of hands and feet...

Itching is common in pregnancy though. I get days where I itch EVERYWHERE. A lotion or bath with oatmeal/milk works really well. :)

celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 7:01 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Google PUPPS...sounds like it might be what's going on with you.
    aurorabunny

Answer by aurorabunny at 1:49 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• No lotions or perfumed soaps try dove and a cold or chilled bath .Tell your OBGYN its not that uncommon he will give you benadryl .

hush84

Answer by hush84 at 1:52 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Or get rubbing alcohol put in the frig and let in get cold then rub your body with instead of scratching use that instead
    hush84

Answer by hush84 at 1:54 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• DON'T rub your body with rubbing alcohol, it absorbs into the bloodstream.
    aurorabunny

Answer by aurorabunny at 1:56 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• palmer's makes a body oil that i found really worked. you could probably use reg baby oil i just know the palmer's was what i used
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 1:57 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• i looked up PUPPS and it says its a rash (i dont have a rash) and it says it usually starts in the 3rd trimester.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:57 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I heard something on the news a couple yrs ago about this i think. mention it to ur dr...i think maybe it might be caused with something in the liver, and its a symtom of something treatable..not sure though. I could be wrong, just wanted to suggest it. good luck.... if it is dry skin which i really suffered from during preg...it would wake me up at night. after i would take a shower b4 i even got out, i was use baby oil, instead of lotion. and then blot dry. it really seemed to help, in fact i still do it!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:48 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• for some relief you could pour WHOLE MILK into your bath or dab it on your skin....the fats in the milk are a good moisturizer and they also act as a natural exfoliant to help get rid of any dry skin that could be causing the itchiness
    Xavia

Answer by Xavia at 2:50 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I talked to a lady in my OBGYN occife the other day, and she said she she has a pregnancy induced liver issue that causes severe itching. Talk to your OBGYN
    Brandie_xo

Answer by Brandie_xo at 7:17 AM on Apr. 14, 2009