how to get out of this fast food craze?!

i seem to be eating fast food at LEAST 3 times a week, which has never been like this since before i started dating my bf. i was on a diet for a while but he keeps telling me i don't need to lose weight and blah blah blah.. but really i know i do. and it just seems like he talks me into eating fast food, and even though i don't want to.. i do it cuz its alot easier than making something myself. how do i get out of this phase?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:27 AM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Look. I'm just going to say it:
    If you REALLY didn't want to, you wouldn't.

It's about self control and will power. Be strong. Let me hear you roar :P
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:35 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Well drink lots of water. Keep it handy so when your out and want some fast food, drink some and it will fill you up. You might also keeps some snacks with you-such as- carrots, apple sticks, celery, grapes and so on. You might try to get him to stop too..let it be something to do together. Dont say go on a diet because then he'll think of rice cakes and crystal light, but say that you want both of you to get into shape. Start jogging or walking together...even go as far as making it a game..like to get him motivated, say something like if we don't have fast food today we can eat (light) whipped cream off of each other later..things like that. Good luck!
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 2:35 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Keep protein bars in your purse. High protein bars that fill you up with nutrition and vits. Also almonds and an apple will go a far way. Chug water like crazy if you feel like your starving. Maybe once a week isnt awful. But if your bodies not used to that crap you will gain weight and fast at 3xs a week. My BF loves to go out to eat and fast food. It drives me totally crazy. I always have protein bars, almonds, and yogurt stashed at his place. :) Oh, and healthy choice frozen dinners rock, as well as special k b-fast cereal. Make him take you to the grocery store instead of fast food. It can be super fun cooking togeather!
    BraidensMommy01

Answer by BraidensMommy01 at 2:42 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Involve him in making a meal at home together. Make something that you know he will like. Then take a walk afterwards. When you get back munch on fruit or something nice an light.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 2:47 AM on Apr. 14, 2009