Butt, leg, stomach work outs (had two c-sections)

1) I had two c-sections. First time they put a bunch of epidural. after i had my daughter and once i got better i was still numb. I am till this day on some areas of my lower stomach very numb. it will be 5 years on August 24th since i gave birth. Second daughter may 25th. I cant feel any burn when i do normal crunches, lower abs, side abs. Nothing seems to work. So my husband was like just run but i have a bad right knee. thats why i cant do squats or lunges much.

Do you think its even normal to be numb for such a long time? should i see a doctor? Now to my last questions. Im about to buy a Resistance band and exercise ball with a dvd. Im not overly over weight i jsut want to loose the stomach, tone up my but and legs. Should i buy a sweat suit?

what are the best work outs for butt, legs, thighs, inner thighs with out killing my knees? Sorry for so many questions. I just want to hear what yall think!

THANKS!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:41 AM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• My doctor told me it was normal to feel numb. Something about cutting the nerve endings. I felt my enitre c-section..as far as exercises, you can try doing sissiors- lay on your back and move your legs up and down-left up than right up- just like a pair of sissiors- and then do if from side to side. Get a pilates ball, they cut back on the pressure on certain parts of your body. Do crunches laying on that, might feel it better.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 2:48 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I havnt had a c-section so Im clueless about the numbness... if it doesnt seem rite to you defiently ask your doctor. On to you resistance band and exercise ball... so fun and awesome!! Im a workout junkie. Make sure you get a ball thats the right height for you. Im 5'10 so I needed a larger ball. Their are three different sizes I think. That will defiently help your lower body. Also pilates and yoga rock. I love the wii fit too. I get bored of the same things so Im always looking for something new and fun. Water aerobics would be great for you. I used to do it with my mother at the gym. And its alot of resistance working under the water but it doesnt seem hard on your body because your under water and your not sweating ha ha. I hope that any of this helps you!!!
    BraidensMommy01

Answer by BraidensMommy01 at 2:48 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Lol thanks ladies. I am going to buy the Ball with the resistance band. it also comes with a dvd. But im also buy a cardio one to do with the ball. I am 5'0 so im getting the small ball 55''. And to Sarapurser, im going to try those works out and find them on youtube to get a better visual.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:11 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Sounds awesome!! I dont know if you have a WII video game but the WII fit is so much fun and quite effective! You stand on a board thing and do the excerises. like strength training, yoga, balance games, and endurance games. Like tight rope walking, hula hooping and skiing. you can jog holding the remote and if you go to fast your Mii trips and falls! haha I suppose Im amused easy. I told you I get bored easy!! :) Good Luck!!!
    BraidensMommy01

Answer by BraidensMommy01 at 3:17 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• OMG yes i forgot, i do have wii fit. And i do it once in a while. I cant do lunges on there because the wiit fit board is higher. so i do it on the carpet. I get really bored with wii fit but my daughter likes me doing the hula hoop lol. shes like go mommy u can do it. im like whatever child lol What i want is a real Jump Rope so i can do it at home. haha yea i have ran in place really fast and she falls lmao. but i have very poor balance and i cant do some of there stuff. i have more balance on one leg then the other and i put more weight on one side then the other as well. I think its because i have minor scoliosis so my shoulders are not the same level. I used to wear my back pack on my right side hanging alot. and i slouch. I cant help it lol, every time i try to stand up straight or sit straight, i get extremely tired and it hurts.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:23 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Ya its normal to be numb...You wont feel like the crunches are working until you have woken up your ab muscles and that may take awhile...also make sure you are doing them correctly! People think that just laying on the floor and crunching up will get them a flat stomach, it wont! You will have to work all the layers of ab muscles. Try Tracyandersonmethod.com the post pregnancy workout is all about the butt, hips, thighs, tummy (and the saggy skin) and arms! Its great!!!!!
    Anonymous