how does caffenine from cokes and tea effect your baby that hasn't been born yet?

baize22

Asked by baize22 at 3:12 PM on Jun. 20, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have actually read that one serving of caffine is fine in pregnancy. I believe it can affect the babies blood pressure if there is too much consumed.
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 3:18 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Just like you...
    a little bit acts as a stimulant, causing the heart to pump harder
    a lot acts as a depressant, causing the heart to pump slower
    too much can kill you.

One caffinated drink a day is PROBABLY fine but as with anything, there are no guarentees. If you don't have to drink it, don't. Save it for those extreme "can't get going" mornings.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:34 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• They say some babies not all come out with low heart rates and not breathing right.I read it in an article i just don't remember where.They did say you can drink some but not to much.All i drank was water and once in a while a glass of ice tea but never coke.But it is true not a lot is good for pregnant women.look up caffeine and being pregnant and something should come up.
    tracey77978

Answer by tracey77978 at 4:40 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• too much caffeine can cause miscarriage, so try to limit yourself. I drank decaf coffee, tea, and coke when I craved those drinks. don't forget that chocolate and energy drinks have lots of caffeine too.
    sbailey

Answer by sbailey at 5:09 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Too much caffeine has been linked to miscarriages in early pregnancy, but that's not a sure thing, it was 1 study. Look up babyzone.com, it has a list of drink and how much you can and can not drink, you can have caffeine but not too much. I drank 2 small cups of coffee, and nothing else, except for sometimes soda.
    Ifiwereabook

Answer by Ifiwereabook at 10:46 AM on Jun. 21, 2008