• In the Spotlight:

Okay married ladies... who has had guys hit on them and how did you react?

Do you egg the guy on or do you flat out say Sorry I'm married????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:00 AM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Relationships

• I flat out show no interest, but I don't do it in a snooty way. I just make it a point to let it be obvious I am not interested in him, along with showing I am married. It's 2009 though. Being married doesn't mean much to people. That's why your attitude should show you're not interested. Don't give off a flirty personality, or get flattered.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:21 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I flirt right back. It's fun and harmless. You just have to be used to it to.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 6:34 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I take it as a compliment! Also its a great when my husband is around to see the guy flirt with me, it makes him remember what he has, and reminds him that others are still looking at me.... It also kind of makes my hubby happy - weird i know- but he gets all 'yup she's with me pride' I tell the guy i'm married, but i'm always polite and i'm just flirty by nature.
    Vanessannd

Answer by Vanessannd at 6:35 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• i always say straight out that im engaged dosen't seem to bother most of them when they don't take the hint i say i have steak at home so no way am i am settling for a burger.. my df thinks it soo cool thats he's a steak lol
    dee778

Answer by dee778 at 6:46 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I always say I am married because I would want my husband to say that he is married to any of the women hitting on him.
    HunnysFarAway

Answer by HunnysFarAway at 6:58 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Well first I would say thanks for the interest but I am engage.
    lily7

Answer by lily7 at 8:08 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I always tell them "Thanks, I'm sure my hubby agrees with you." Gets most of them around here to shut up pretty quick. I still take it as a compliment though. It feels good to know that someone is attracted to you other then your man.
    -Ashlely
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 8:10 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I agree with spiritguide. That is a fab phrase.
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 8:34 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I don't put myself in the position to get hit on.... I get looked at, smilied at plenty, but I haven't found anyone yet to actually come up to me and "hit on me"... I guess I'm not a flirt.. The only time men really talk to me is when I'm getting in or out of our Cherokee and they want to know what size tires it has or what the suspension is on it, or engine, etc,lol Hubby say's they just use it to get to talk to me, I just laugh at him. It doesn't sound like flirting, or hitting on me in any way....
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 8:45 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I mention my husband in a casual way, and if that doesn't work, I, also casually, mention how happy I am in the marriage. If that doesn't work, I excuse myself and move elsewhere and talk to someone else.

Answer by Bmat at 8:59 AM on Apr. 14, 2009