How is this possible? (TMI)

OK, I havent eaten meat in four days, and I lost 5 lbs?? Also, when I go number 2, its really really gross (not like diarrhea, but god does it smell bad!) Im eating protein in the form of peanut butter for breakfast (no bread) and cheese or seeds or nuts in my salad at lunch, then fruit and veggies for dinner and a ton of water. I walk some at lunchtime, but not in the last week (the weather here sucks).
Is this some kinda of do it yourself colon cleanse that I wasnt aware of? Anyone else have a similar experience?

plylerjones

Asked by plylerjones at 6:40 AM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Meat sits in your colon & rots. Your body is getting rid of it now. After your colon is cleaned out some more, it probably won't smell bad when you go. If you can stay home in the morning, you may want to try a laxative tea before bed. Keep drinking lots of water & limit yourself to red meat once a week.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:30 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Just remember, tho that the body requires protein in order to live. The human body wasn't created to live on just veg. and fruits. Sure, you'll lose weight, but you'll also likely lose muscle. Muscle burns fat. You don't want to lose muscle. Muscle also holds the skeleton in place.

There are many forms of protein, including dried beans, & chicken. But remember also, that while chicken is a perfect protein, it doesn't supply the body with iron like red meat. So be sure and include eggs for breakfast, and a good form of protein, preferably meat (only 2-4 oz's is needed to keep the body healthy. More than that is more than the body needs & increases the body's weight) for lunch AND dinner. :)

The process of losing weight is to still keep the body operating well, not just surviving. When the human body doesn't get what it needs it either takes from another area, or degenerates. Eat well, live healthy, be happy!
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 8:51 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Meat takes SO much longer for your body to digest than any other food. It hardens your stool & gets stuck in your intestines. Some people have so much "crap" stuck in there intestines, & meat is the worste for that. People who eat too much meat have the worst colon problems, & the most mucoid plaque stuck to the lining. You can actualy gain weight from so having so much plaque stuck in there, that's probably why you are losing weight. Your body is ridding itself of a lot of that "crap" that is stuck in your intestine walls. Don't worry it's a good thing, & yes it does smell like.....well crap! Also, your body metabolizes fats MUCH better when your intesetine walls are clean, making it easier to drop pounds of fat. that is why nutritionists reccomend a good colon cleanse before going on a diet. Good for you, sounds like your body is cleaning itself!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:54 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I'm sure you already know how important protein is. People get more than enough protein that one realizes. Stick to your penut butter, drink a few glasses of skim milk, eat nuts, tofu, eggs, cheese, beans & legumes, protein alternatives are usually really good (veggie nuggets, veggie sausage, veggie corn dogs, veggie hot dogs) my daughter loves them, she is vegetarian 100%.

red meat, or any meat fot that matter is not at all a necessary part of diet as long as you get enough protien from other sources. People like to believe that meat is SO important, but really it's not. We eat WAY too much of it, & we believe that because it's yummy & that is only reason.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:03 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I have gone vegetarian before, but for my pregancy I decided to go vegan. I cant do peanuts because of allergies, but my diet was pretty much nuts, fruit and veggies.. and soy. Lots of soy and rice. My poo was pretty stank for the first week or so. It was like all the toxins and fat and nasty I had ever put in my body were then coming out of me.

After that I stopped having to use deodorant, my poo had kind of an earthy scent, and my skin just glowed! I had to quit because I became anemic, but im not too upset about it. Everyone started to smell like McDonald's dumpster and I recently discovered the glory of cookies and cream ice cream!

I still get sick off red meat though.
    CartersMom125

Answer by CartersMom125 at 12:21 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Oh! You should totally ready "Skinny Bitch." I have "Skinny Bitch: Bun in the Oven" and I just LOVED it! It suggests a vegan diet, but I think if you eat just a little dairy here and there, it doesnt hurt. True, we Americans pump our cattle (especially dairy cows) full of antibiotics and steroids and spray them down with pesticides, but who can resist cheese? Pizza is like a basic food group.

Oh! there is also a recipe book byt the girls who wrote the other two books. Its called "Skinny Bitch in the Kitch". They have some really tasty alternative recipes like homemade lasagna, several casseroles, salads that are just out of this world... and the best thing is, if youre eating vegetarian rather than vegan, you can always add a little cheese here or a cup of yogurt there...

There are even dessert recipes. And I have to admit that the cakes made with rice milk are much fluffier and keep longer.
    CartersMom125

Answer by CartersMom125 at 12:37 PM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Our meat today is pumped full of antibiotics and growth hormones. The growth hormones, intended for the animal, is very likely having an impact on the weight of the persons consuming meat. This could be one of the factors in why American's today are so obese. Many other countries will not buy meat from the US because they do not allow these additives in their meats.
    Anonymous