How did u????

Ok, here is the thing! I am 16 years old, i am prego! I really dont know how to tell my mom that i am. So what i wanted to know is, how did u let someone u are close to???!!??? I really dont know how to tell her that i am prego. I am kinda scared to tho.
so if u can help me and tell me how u did it. that would help a lot
thx

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:37 AM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Just tell her it is hard and she will get upset but in the end hun that is your mama and she will help you because she loves you and you are her baby still! Good luck young mommy to be..I am 21 and can offer some tips to make things a little easier just add me and ask whenever! Good luck
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 7:39 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• wow.. yeah I cant imagine how you feel. Obviously you have decided to keep it. So telling your mom is probably not as hard as you think. You have many decisions ahead for yourself. Just sit her down and tell her that it is really important that she hold all comments until the end. That you are coming to tell her this because you love her. Or this could not be how to approach your mother at all. She is your mother so you probably know her pretty well.

Its a good thing you came here though because you will find lots of support (I pray your mother supports your decision) here and you can always find help.

Good luck on telling your mom. Im pretty sure that since you are torn over how to tell her, that she loves you. So just remember, a mother who loves you will get over how she feels about it to give you the helping hand that you will need.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:43 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• You need to tell your mom really. You're 16 and I know you're scared but just do it. You both have to sit down and discuss the situation. The more you try to hide it , the more hurt you'll going to feel.
    Don't keep hiding it please. Someone in my family tried to hide it from her mother and it turned out bad. She made the wrong choice and got her family in trouble because of what she did. So please tell her because you're still a minor and parents don't need any bad news in this situation. She may even surprise you. Don't think negative all of the time. Email me back and let me know what happened ok.
    4cooks

Answer by 4cooks at 8:10 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Find a way to speak to her, however, I suggest you grow up and realize you are "pregnant".
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:20 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• You tell her. You're in a situation that thrusts you into being a woman now. So you tell her. Don't hide this. She will be even more hurt that you hid something like that from her. Also realize that she will blame herself for the fact that her newly teenage daughter is pregnant. So expect to hear that as well.

Don't lie about it. There is no easy way to say it. Sit down and explain to her that you don't know where to go from here and could really use her help. After all, she has been through this before and would be a wealth of information for you. Good Luck and keep us posted.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 8:32 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• The sooner you tel her the better. It is very important to get refular check ups when pregnant because many unexpected things can happen. Good luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:53 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I was 15 when I got pregnant, what I imagined was worse than how my mom really reacted, take a deep breath and just tell her...Expect her to be disappointed, upset or mad at first. That is a normal reaction to the news.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 9:01 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• well what type of mom is yours? Has she supported you in other ways? chances are she is just going to accept it and help you through it. Just let her know so you can have a support system when you need it!
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 9:04 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Does your mom have a good sense of humor? Buy a baloon that says grandma on it and give it to her! :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:38 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I went thru a very similar situation. I was not supported in anyway by my family when they found out I was pregnant but at that point they didn't have a say in it. As soon as I found out i was pregnant I went and stayed at a friends (which in retrospect wasn't really necessary). If you're worried about the family pushing abortion then wait to tell them until you're past that point. Talk to your doctor and someone at a local clinic since they aren't allowed to tell anyone about your medical. Maybe explain to your doctor that you plan to bring your mom in with you so she can help out! My grandma was VERY against my pregnancy so I took her with to an appointment, the dr explained that there were girls in much worse conditions who raised great children and made it thru just fine - completing college, getting jobs, etc. She also explained how dangerous abortion would be at that point... a week later I had a load of gifts from her!
    Atta87

Answer by Atta87 at 3:24 PM on Apr. 14, 2009