Ever had a lump in your breast & everything turned out OK!?

Went to the dr last week for a normal checkup and I asked for a breast exam because the day before that I had felt a lump. The dr asked if I've ever felt it before I said no, but also i've never really checked. She said ok, well we'll get you in for an ultrasound to check it out but its really nothing to worry about, I would say its normal but since you've never felt it before we'll go ahead and look at it... I go Thursday for the Ultrasound and im so scared! The more I think about it, I get a lil pain in it. Like out of 1-10 on the pain scale its only a 1 but I now notice it and its freakin me out! Also I when I had my dd in Nov. I tried breastfeeding and it didnt work out for us, but when she would nurse it was mainly on this breast? Does that have anything to do with it? Thanks in advance!

Adams-Momma

Asked by Adams-Momma at 7:48 AM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Health

• Yes I did. I was a teenager and I would get them all the time. Sometimes they would be painful. I would get ultrasounds of them and everything turned out ok. I have a knot kind of under my arm now that doesnt hurt but its like a rock. Im so scared to go get it checked out.
    beingamomrocks1

Answer by beingamomrocks1 at 7:52 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• maybe ......a clogged duct or infected one perhaps? I would think the doctor would have said something along those lines. Dont stress it okay..I am sure you are okay! GL
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 7:53 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• yes once when I was a teen. They did a mammogram and found nothing. THey said I was drinking too much caffiene....
    mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 8:02 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• It may also be scare tissue. If you have had any kind of trauma to your chest (hit with a ball, been in a wreck) scare tissue can form. It could also be a clogged duct like bugsmommy suggested. And I have noticed, the more you think about something, the more it hurts. It's just you are more aware of it and noticing it more. I'm sure you'll be just fine.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 8:02 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• On my first gyno visit ever I did. The woman said drinking soda can cause them. Not cancer, just lumps.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:06 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I found a lump while I was pregnant & the dr said it was normal for young pregnant women to have fibroadenoma's while pregnant. They would only grow as my boobs did while pregnant & never go away. I opted to have it taken out & it was benign but it still scared me. Good luck.
    seniortmb07

Answer by seniortmb07 at 8:23 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Good luck. There's a good chance it's just a nodule, like from drinking caffeine. Keep us posted!
    4kidsandadog

Answer by 4kidsandadog at 8:44 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Yes just last month but I had noticed mine. I knew about it for a couple months before getting it checked. Stupid I know but I was trying to delude myself that it'd go away. Went to the dr and she felt it right away and commented on the size. Then they kicked in high gear and within a week I had my mammogram and ultrasound. The way they rushed everything had me paranoid and I was bracing myself for the big C word. Everthing turned out completely normal though and it was a HUGE relief after all the rushing around.
    kat1116

Answer by kat1116 at 8:45 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• During my first pregnancy (I was only 19) I developed a lump in my left breast. I brought it to the Dr's attention, and he thought it was just that one of my breasts was growing faster than the other during the pregnancy. Over the next month, it grew even more and became painful. At my next appt., I brought it to his attention again, and he agreed it was something more than just my breast growing. I saw a specialist who sent me for an u/s to see if it was a fluid filled cyst or a solid mass. It was determined to be a solid mass, so I was scheduled for surgery around 16 wks. pregnant. Surgery went fine. Tumor was removed and about the size of a baseball. No problems later on, no more lumps, and have successfully breastfed 7 babies.
    Godluvzu

Answer by Godluvzu at 8:48 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I should add also that the tumor was NOT cancerous, so that was a huge relief!
    Godluvzu

Answer by Godluvzu at 8:49 AM on Apr. 14, 2009