How can I approach her with this nicely?

I already posted this part, but I'll say it again. MIL thought that I was making my hubby ignore her calls recently. Which is NOT true. I've never even had beef with her. I just know she's said stuff for no reason. She calls like an obsessed maniac, and he missed her calls a MINIMUM amount of times. Usually for a reason, like he was gone, outside or something. It's crazy. Now hubby went over there last night, and I tried to call him. She's keeping her phone turned off so no one will hear it ring! I don't like confrontation or trouble, but I'm getting tired of her making these crazy assumptions.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:17 AM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Relationships

• tell her you simply have no beef with her and she is being childish by claiming otherwords! Hate MILs ugh
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 8:19 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• If I could have my ex's mom, and my current hubby, it would be great. I loved that woman, but her son was just ugh..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:37 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I don't think that you need to address it. Have your husband carry his cell phone. Unless it is causing a problem between you and hubby, it doesn't really matter. She sounds like a passive aggressive person. I would guess that your husband knows he didn't miss a call because of you. It is his responsibility to stop her from talking about you. But, ultimately, if he allows her to talk, he's the one that has to listen, because she isn't confronting you. SO, I would encourage him to tell her it simply isn't true. If he is reluctant to tell her that, then YOU tell him you don't want him to repeat the complaints to you, because it is his place to stop her mouth. Good luck!
    Scimecamommy

Answer by Scimecamommy at 8:47 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• If he has a cell phone you should have called that instead of her number. I'd say let it go and let time take care of it. It is up to him to correct the problem anyway, it is not up to you. Anything you say, from the way you described her, will be met with disbelief. So just realize she is like this and try to not let it upset you.

Answer by Bmat at 8:49 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Thanks, but there's one problem with that. Is it now just expected to have a cell? We don't have them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:50 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• But I'm still having a problem with reaching him. I kinda NEED his assistance asap, and I have always been able to call her phone if he is over there. So I know it's because she thinks that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:52 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I don't think this should be your problem to have to deal with...I think it should be your husband's job to talk with his mother! Whenever, my MIL has a question or concern with my husband, I hand the phone to him, and them work it out! It's the mature thing to for the two of them to figure out. Think of this way, if the identical issues was going on between you and YOUR mother, would you expect your husband to play middle man?! This is no different. I prefer to keep the "drama" in my own family and not involve others! LOL
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:53 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I agree! Now only if I could get him to actually say something to her! He's spineless when it comes down to her. He will just get quiet when she says something.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:17 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• If having a good relationship with your MIL is what you choose to do, I would address the situation to cut out all the nonsense and future problems. You can either write her a nice note, explaining your feelings or you can talk with her face to face... Alot of men, choose not to talk negatively to their mother's out of respect for them. Regardless as to how she treats you or anyone else, she's still his mother...some MIL's have fears that the wife will take thier place and present unneccesary problems to keep tension going...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 11:09 AM on Apr. 14, 2009