OH no he didn't , or did he?

Did Obama use his campaign to bash Bush's military and foreign policies, and then take credit for Bush's millitary and their expertise in the Pirate kidnapping. Those were men trained in Bush's military and Obama refused to talk about the kidnapping for 5 days. But when some snipers take the pirates out, Obama comes out of hiding and took some credit for the act.
Wasn't Obama just on the telephone, listening to Bush's miitary telling him Mr. President this is what we need to do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:19 AM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• How shocking after the captian is safe Obama talks a bit on it then uses it to promote his policies here at home more.So surprised! shock .....lol
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:37 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Does it really matter? The man is safe and on his way to his family. So he gave the green light to use lethal force and the job got done thanks to three American heroes. I don't credit Obama with this, I credit the three brilliantly trained seals, the wonderful folks that trained him and the men and women behind the operation.  JMO.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:27 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I don't think it really matters. The military are proud to serve the citizens of this great nation, regardless of who the President of the United States may be.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:33 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Obama is the "perfect student." He quickly learns from his wise and experienced cabinet members and predecessors, but can quickly spin them to make it appear that they are his own brilliant ideas. And because the majority of the voting populace is unable to conjure up their own brilliant ideas (lack of education, lack of confidence in sticking their neck out, to support what may be considered the ridiculous or the sublime), tend to all stand around patting one another on the back, and say WOW! That Obama sure is what we need...not! lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:49 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I can see why you chose to post anonymously. I think Obama, just like Bush, is surrounded by brilliant advisers. Bush just chose not to listen to his. I give the credit to our wonderful military. And while I'm at it, I want to say a big thank you to all the military personnel out there who keep us safe every day. I'm proud to be American, I support you, and I appreciate the job you do!

4kidsandadog

Answer by 4kidsandadog at 8:59 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• banging head into wallThis guy is an idiot.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:35 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Bush's military? I don't think he went out and trained anyone. Yes was the commander-in-chief but to say that it was the training under Bush that allowed the snipers to kill the pirates makes no since. I don't think any president affects the training of the military.
    bxbsmommy

Answer by bxbsmommy at 10:18 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• The military may need to be trained differently soon, as the Obama Administration will decimate military spending.

So wise...................

I man, THE WHOLE WORLD LOVES US YOU KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's the end of the world as we know it, it's the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine..................................................REM
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 11:05 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Our military personal are sworn to and bound to uphold our Constitution they are not the President's Knights Templar. I agree with the action taken to end the situation, but I fail to see how in the world these ships can be permitted to sail through such dangerous waters without having a means to protect themselves. So far they already have taken over 200 hostages and those people haven't been returned to their families. This Captain was lucky, what about all the others? These incidents are true terrorism, but there is nothing for our crooked NWO-loving government heads to gain by providing military assistance, saving the lives of men just trying to do their jobs and provide for their families is not worthy of their time, which really makes you consider how much importance was placed on the lives of all those who died in the World Trade Center just so that Bush and his crooked cronies could make money off a war
    Anonymous