is this safe to eat

well I am making chicken noodle soup homemade. I put it in the crockpot last night on hih until I went to bed which was about 2 hours I also put bollion cubes in it. Well, early early this morning you could smell it upstiars and it smelled bad i think because i put in the uncooked chicken in the water in the crockpot and i think because of the blood and stuff it was cooking in it. It looked like it had oil on the top of the water this morning. I dumped the crockpot in a drainer and then i washed the crockpot out and browned the chicken a little bit and then I put it back in the crockpot with more bollion cubes it doesn't smell bad now but will it still be good and ok to eat if it basicly i think cooked in blood all last night until this morning? I did drain the water and add new water then i browned the chicken a little bit....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:21 AM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I have a smartpot crockpot and I wouldn't eat anything that's been in it on low overnight.... It just doesn't stay hot enough. Chicken can spoil very easily... It's not that expensive so I would just pitch it and start over.
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 10:26 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• It could have been the cubes burning if they didn't fully dissolve. Chicken usually doesn't have that much blood in it. Maybe a vein here and there. It could have been the fat cooking as well, that usually smells and the oil was the fat that cooked off. All chicken does it. If it was fully cooked last night before you put it away it should be fine to eat. If it were bad or rotten it would have a really bad smell. Were the noodles in the pot as well? It could have been those as well burning a little.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 8:50 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• My rule is when in doubt, throw it out. I looked online for a crockpot recipe using whole chicken boiled in water and couldn't find one, and now I have to leave. What I found for whole chickens was to pretty much roast them in the crockpot- put in the pot, setting the chicken on top of some onions or other vegetables, and slow cook. I'll look again when I get home. I don't like to tell you to throw your chicken out since it is probably OK, but on the other hand, when in doubt....

Answer by Bmat at 9:15 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• well achually what i di was put water in the crockpot and then the cubes then i let it cook 2 hours on high then i went to bed so i put it on low. It was on hih from 7 pm until 9 pm then low from 9 pm until 7:30 am this morning then when I smelled all of that I drained it and fried the chicken a little bit put new water in it with new cubes and added the chicken again. No the noodles were not in the crockpot yet.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:17 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I'm always worried about food poisoning since my stomach is so sensitive so if I'm in doubt i throw food away.
    beautifulinlove

Answer by beautifulinlove at 11:41 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Sounds like it wasn't the chicken that was bad, the bouillon may have started to burn.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:12 PM on Apr. 14, 2009