Has anyone gotten pregnant on Mirena, specifically?

I saw a question asking whether anyone had gotten prego on BC and since I have Mirena, I wondered if anyone has had it fail. I get nervous about whether it will work sometimes.

quirkymama

Asked by quirkymama at 8:27 AM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• OMG! I have been googling this for a few days. I'm on Mirena, & i have been feeling pregnant. I LOVE my gyno, & she swears that it is one of the most effective birth control methods. But, i wake up w/ morning sickness & i feel week in the bones (this is how i always feel in the first trimester). So with a lil research, i found out that pregnancy symptoms are common w/ mirena. but of course no one told me that. I also read an article about a woman who got pregnant w/ mirena. They said that most likely though, that it was not placed in her uterus properly. Had she gone for her usual check up, they would have noticed it & she would not have gotten pregnant. Not sure if she was able to keep the baby or not. W/ any birth control there is always that .5% though. Any all birth control has side effects, can get away from those. We just weren't meant for birthcontrol.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:35 AM on Apr. 14, 2009