How do you tone post partum skin?

I'm 4 weeks 3 days post c-section and I have this gross extra skin. I gained 20 lbs during my pregnancy and came home 35 lbs lighter. Will my skin go back to normal or are there certain things that can help tone it back up?

*Oh and I can't exercise for almost another month bc of my incision tearing open again.

piercedbeauty21

Asked by piercedbeauty21 at 8:38 AM on Apr. 14, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• it's still SO early. It took a few years for mine to tone back up. The best thing you can do is get retinol creams, you know super anti aging stuff. It will help tighten your skin some, just like they would wrinkles on your face.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:40 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• Girl that c-section flap is going to get better. It will probably never look the way you did before your c-section. It will shrink up and more ab exercises you do it does get better.
    I'm wicked jealous you came home fifteen pounds less than your pre pregnancy weight! lol
    bethany_smith

Answer by bethany_smith at 9:32 AM on Apr. 14, 2009

• I use Tracy Anderson Method Post Pregnancy workout! She targets all the areas that get effected during pregnancy including the belly sag! It's an extremly hard workout but very effective. It works ur butt,thighs, hips, abs, and arms. I highly recommend it!
    HousewifeMommy

Answer by HousewifeMommy at 3:46 PM on Apr. 14, 2009